This Disappears When Logged In

[Resolved] - Advisory?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Rakoladycz, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I was reading in the Adoption section of the site and I was just wondering if maybe there should be a warning sticky at the top of the section to just ward off people. Now i believe most people have common sense enough to be wary but i dont believe everyone on there has good intentions with their "I have a rescue and will take any and every pet you dont want" garbage. Now i know some people have good intentions, but some of them just seem like a way to get some free pets and not really in the best interest of the animal but rather their next play thing.

It just bothers me and if i was going to put my pet up for adoption i would want to be familiar with the person who intends to adopt my pet. If not in person at least someone who has been around on the site offers good advise and help I wouldnt just let any joe adopt it..

Not saying making where you have to of been a member for X amount of time and have X amount of posts to advertise being a rescue or saying you will adopt or to say you want someones pet that is up for adoption. Just warn people to watch for people like that.

Just an idea anyway

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Randy, The advisory is covered under the "rules and terms of service" agreement that each member must adhere to upon joining the site. We cannot possibly police each and every post nor can we know the "real" intention of each and every person posting in the adoption section. We do our best as Mods and Admins to keep everything legit. Sometimes common sense is the best indicator if you see something "fishy".

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

While everything Ken said is true, I do have the ability to add an advisory to help keep people on their toes. I added it to the top of the forum. Good idea!

4. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

yea thats all i was saying is that maybe an advisory should be added to the top of the forum. I know it is impossible to police every thread, and that is why i was just suggesting a sticky for the top

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.