This Disappears When Logged In

Rescue-Albino Burmese

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by stormdas, May 30, 2011.

1. stormdas

stormdas Well-Known Member

Here's the short of it. Friend of a coworker bought her from an auction. They are experienced with herps and wanted to give a larger snake a try. Well Saturday I got a phone call to come pick her up cause she has been hissing and striking and not allowing them to take care of her wounds. The previous owner, from what I have found out, had her as a breeder and looks like they didn't care for her well being. She has a bad burn that has not been treated and numerous rat bites. I went and picked her up cause the coworkers friend wanted someone that she knew would make sure she got a good home and her wounds would be taken care of. They did as much as they could do with a 7 foot female that's made at everyone. I've made a vet appointment to make sure that there is nothing else wrong with her and gonna make sure that she is 100% healthy before letting her go to a new home. I guess that we all read of people trying to rescue snakes and it becomes to much for them and they either let the snake go, get rid of it to other unknowledgable people or put it down. This time they did the right thing. I'm glad there are smart people out there. Here's a pic of her. Will post more when she looks better.
    e05ffd6e.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Cryssy

Cryssy Elite Member

Poor girl, she looks in bad shape. Glad to hear that she's in good hands and getting the care she needs. She's a beauty.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

She is definitely in need of a lot of TLC ! :( Glad that you are going to help her out, sounds like she has been through a lot in her lifetime and deserve to have the proper can that she needs.

My thoughts and prayers are with her for a speedy recovery both physically and mentally!

Best of luck and keep us posted!

4. stormdas

The physical needs shouldn't be that bad. It's the mental needs I'm afraid of cause she hates the world right now lol

5. mld

Can't really blame her! Poor girl has been through a terrible experience that no animal/reptile should every go through! It will definitely be a long hard road for her to ever really trust a human again!

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

that poor baby! If she has recently laid a clutch of eggs it is one possible cause of her bad attitude, as well of course the mistreatment she has suffered.

before birthing my female boa was the sweetest most gentle girl, afterwards she turned into a BEAST, struck at everything and anything for over a year until she finally calmed down.

7. target1911

target1911 Well-Known Member

That makes my heart cry. I can't stand to see an animal mistreated.
    I wish you much luck and props for taking care of her and many prayers sent her way.

On a side note....what part of OK?

8. stormdas

Shawnee. Outside of okc

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Bless you for taking care of that poor baby....

10. Yurusumaji

Yurusumaji Elite Member

Oh no, that poor girl. :(

Sending healing vibes your way, lord knows she needs them.

11. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Glad you have made the vet appointment for her....it literally breaks my heart that people allow this sort of thing to happen...I'm sending prayers that her physical and mental wounds will heal quickly...and am also hoping that she finds a "forever home" before too much longer..This big girl DESERVES a nice home.
    Again, Thank You for taking her in while she heals, and getting her the medical attention that she needs.

12. stormdas

Update- vet appointment went good. No one got bit but there wasn't a lack of trying on her part lol. Vet said what I thought he was gonna say and that the burns are superficial and are in no danger if I treat them right. Got se silver sulfide cream for her. The fun part was putting it on and I used an old trick that I learnt from my zoo volunteering days and that was putting it on her while she was eating. So while she was downing a xl rat I administered the cream which she did not like cause I havnt seen a snake gobble down a rat that fast so she would have a chance to get in a shot at me lol. All in all she is doing fine, less striking and less hissing. She is still a little jumpy but should be handable her when the burns start to heal. She is very curious with people walking by her temp cage and would like to get a little weight on her(7ft 14.7 lbs).

13. Yurusumaji

Yurusumaji Elite Member

So glad to hear this baby's going to heal up nicely and be ready for a new home before long!

14. LilyPad

LilyPad Well-Known Member

She is a beauty. Kudos to you for helping her heal, looks like she needs a lot of love.

15. mld

Thats good news from the vet! Sigh of relief, sending healing thoughts her way!

16. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

What a beauty! If I was closer to you, I would take her off your hands. She is about the size of my baby girl when I got her. It is a shame she has suffered like she has, but luckily for her, you are there. God bless you for being an angel of mercy. Not many folks would care to be a possible Burm chew toy. I know you will be sure she goes to a fabulous and physically safe home for her. Good luck to you and PLEASE keep us posted on her progress.

17. stormdas

Followup vet appt went good. Doctor said her burns are healing good and there should be very little to no scarring and the scale regrowth should be fine. Her temperament is getting better, still hisses but is very curious when I sit down near her cage. Eats like a champ. Gonna keep here for another month so her burns completely heal then look to trade her for something that fits better into my collection. Here's a pic.
    f9602201.jpg

Attached Files:

18. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Awww, she is starting to look better. Once she is completely healed, hopefully her temperament will relax some due to feeling better.

She is still stunning, even with the burn and bite scars.

19. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I agree with Katie, she is so beautiful. I wish you were closer, I definitely would love to give her a new home. Maybe someday I will be able to get another pair of Burms.

20. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Poor girl glad the vet said shell be good.