This Disappears When Logged In

Reptileforums

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    Is it just me or is Reptileforums having CGI problems? I tried to sign in several times today,and I keep getting an error screen!

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Errors

Nope you are not alone....I cannot get in either....Lyn

3. i got in to rf

4. Rich

Hello,
    Since the time I posted this question,I spoke with Josh and he corrected the problem.

5. ooo ok i did not know if the owner of RF kicked you off for starting a new forum

6. Rich

Hello,
    Josh doesn't know about this forum and I would like to keep it that way for the time being. The situation as it lies,is that Josh doesn't do anything for the forum he owns. That is a very literal statement. That forum would not be running at all if it weren't for the mods and the long time members that have stuck around.
    When this forum is complete,everyone over at RF will know about it. Including Josh. There are features that these forums come with,that should be incorporated into the forum.(Censorship abilities is a big one!) Josh hasn't incorporated anything. Beyond that,he has some plans for the forum that are not good ideas. He stopped listening to the advice I was giving him and has decided to do things his way. In a recent conversation with Josh,we discussed the use of "pop-ups" on RF. I relayed that many of the members do not like them and that he should stop playing with them. His response was "I don't care,they can deal with it." That was not the correct answer to tell someone that has been running his forum with no assistance from him. Dom and I spoke,and this forum was a long term goal. After that conversation,and with a little nudge from Dom,I dropped some cash and grabbed the needed components to create this forum.
    The members of Rf have had some great ideas to improve the forum. Unfortunantly, Josh never listened,and he wasn't interested in taking the time to create these things. Some were as simple as adding extra forums! I offered to do all the work myself,but he limited my abilities. Though I am an administrator at RF,I don't have ALL the admin tools. I don't have access to the primary functions of the site which are the templates. Without that access,I couldn't create anything or even add a simple forum.
    I love the way RF is run and I think we have a great community. I would like to see that community grow. Thats why Herp center was created. Over the next few weeks,you will see a far larger amount of members from Rf heading over here. I will be contacting specific members individually. Once we decide we have enough of the forum ready,I will make a grand statement over at RF letting everyone know that we are here. The potential of Herp Center is limited to our imagination.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I haven't been able to get in to RF till just now. I'm glad it wasn't just me!

8. Tha3rdman

Tha3rdman Elite Member

I'm happy to be a part of something, and This is cool too, Just kidding thank you for inviting me to be a part of this.

9. Kikai

Kikai Elite Member

Glad to know a full announcement will be made at some time. There are quite a few people there that I really like and was going to ask how me get them over HERE. :)

Rich, what are you doing to offset costs in the forum? I know little about Forums and such, but I assume there was some expense involved? Is it something we can somehow help with? Being a part of the forum, I'd like to contribute if possible.

10. Rich

Hello,

Between the forum,and server...I spent around $300. I am not looking for handouts. I do appreciate the gesture though. In the future,as the site grows,I am going to have a few paid banners displayed. They will be tasteful! That will help me get the costs back as well as upgrade and maintain the forum.

11. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Rich,,,, kj and i will be more than willing to contribute to the cost,,, if you mods and admins had restrictions on rf and had your hands tied and still managed to do the incredible job you did ,,,i can only imagine how "our" new site will be... i would greatly like to be a part of that,,,,not by just being a member,,,,but a contributer also,,,,in any way i can

you guys are the best,,,,and thanks for doing this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.