This Disappears When Logged In

Reptile Xtra

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by jtlewis, Jan 28, 2012.

1. jtlewis

jtlewis Well-Known Member

Today was Grace's first trip to the vet. At the end of our visit we started discussing where we were getting our crickets from, and the vet said they have had a lot of people come in with reptiles that had parasites. He said most of the parasites were coming from crickets that were purchased from a local pet store, so I asked what should I do to keep grace from infected crickets. Like what astore the infected were coming from, how do I spot an infected cricket, and how can I tell if grace has a parasite? He gave me a two ounce bottle of Reptile Xtra anti-parasite meal and said to use every 4-6 months. He also suggested having a fecal exam every 3 months and a full exam once a year. I was wandering if anyone has ever used the reptile xtra? Any good or bad comments? Thank you.

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I've never hear of it but it was Co-developed with top breeder Ron Tremper!

Here is some reviews on it;
    Reptile Xtra Medicated Reptile Food for Lizards & Tortoises

I agree with the vet on having fecals done several times a year plus an annual exam. It's very common for feeders carrying parasite!

3. jtlewis

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm surprised that he didn't give you a prescription type of medication for the worms! I think that this Reptile Xtra can be bought at petstores. Definitely worth doing a little more research, and hopefully someone will chime in who has used this product.

5. jtlewis

Grace was clean no parasites or anything, and he told me a lot of the petsmarts carry the reptile xtra. He still gave me a 2 ounce bottle for free. As a prevention method.