This Disappears When Logged In

Reptile Enclosures

Discussion in 'In The Spotlight' started by Rich, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am just bumping this to try and get some more activity. I feel the site will need to start using our announcement feature to keep things like this thread in the forefront of our members eyes. With all of the posts made per day this single thread becomes quickly buried. lol

2. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

My updated/upgraded Green Tree Python enclosure....

8344041689_7e5985972d_z.jpg

Added, Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  3. Rich

Another bump to get everyones attention. Thanks Rojo!

4. Releep

Releep Elite Member

Here is my BP cage.
    DSC01007.JPG
    DSC01005.JPG

This is my Amazon Tree Boa cage. At least for the moment she is starting to out grow it.
    DSC01003.JPG

Added, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2013
  5. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I'll get some here soon of mine. Not all asthetically pleasing, more practical than anything. I had horrid lighting when I just tried. Not everyone can be really great photographers lol.

6. norwegn113

norwegn113 Well-Known Member

So here are the final pics of my ball python cages. Its been a long build , but i think its worth it. I'm very happy with the way they turned out. I just have a bit more tweaking to do with the temps and some decorating , but for the most part its a wrap!!! Sorry for the bad pics. They were taken from my tablet.

snake tower16.jpg snake tower17.jpg snake tower18.jpg snake tower19.jpg

Added, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  7. Rich

It came out very nice! I created 2 posts for your enclosure so people can see the tower and also the individual tank. Thanks.

8. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Attached Files:

9. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

My ball python tank.

IMAG0441.jpg

Added, Thanks!

Attached Files:

10. me0wth

me0wth Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  11. Rich

I'm not sure how it happened but this thread was somehow closed. I just reopened it.

12. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
  13. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Joey, I see there is a lot going on is your Ball tank, does he like it? Does my tank need more stuff you think?

14. SIRWISER13

SIRWISER13 New Member

This is my Senegal Chameleons Enclosure , I have bunch more set up like this ill add to here later.

003.jpg

Added, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2013
  15. Iggysdaddy

Iggysdaddy Elite Member

Here's my Bearded Dragon duplex, still a working progress.

tank3_zpsd1b2b113.jpg

tank2_zps3ffef4eb.jpg

Added, Thanks!

Attached Files:

16. IMAG0202.jpg

I made this 5x4x3 (HWD) custom enclosure for my Rhino Iggy. Built this with 2x1 framing and MDF from home depot, paint from Mythic Paint, stainless steel and plexiglass with silicone sealing between the plexiglass and wood, and also the vents against the side (don't want places for bacteria to hide). All wood is covered with several coats of polyurethane. A requirement of this (I'm a renter) was that I be "Knock-down", so it comes apart into six pieces. That was done with threaded inserts and stainless steal bolts, roughly one per foot of length (although there might be some better number). Stainless steal is important for something that is high humidity.

I am about to start work on his final home - thinking 5x10x6or7. I really want to document it this time. Best decision I made was making it knock-down... it was a FIGHT moving my bearded dragon's viv.

Added, Thanks!

17. Benner422

Benner422 Member

IMG_20130212_212237.jpg
    6'x4'x2.5' enclosure for 2 water dragons. 55g tank at the bottom.

Added, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2013
  18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

19. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

Well, I guess here is the link to the cage on photobucket....I noticed there weren't many Ig cages so here is one to add to the bunch!

SANY0054_zpsd753ef85.jpg

SANY0055_zpsde0f4db9.jpg

Added, Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  20. Pieks

Pieks Member

numienclosurefeb18.jpg

I hope this uploaded! This is my enclosure for Numi, a baby Bearded Dragon. For the photo I moved the UVB to the far right so that it could light the rest of my 55 gal aquarium he is currently housed in. The basking area is showing 102(F) on the top rock, 104(F) on the smaller rock directly under the lamp. His hammock is at 80(F) and the waterfall is at 68(F).

The current background has to go, and I was wondering if lining the inside walls with thin burlap from Hobby Lobby would be a combustion hazard due to the heat lamp. I was looking around online and could only find an unreliable combustion point of 700(F) which doesn't sound legit.

Thank you in advance
    Pieks

Added, Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013