This Disappears When Logged In

Reptile Dissertation Project

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GraceC8846, Jan 19, 2016.

1. GraceC8846

GraceC8846 New Member

Hi, I am carrying out a survey for my veterinary nursing degree at Edinburgh Napier University. It is about reptile keeping and questions are based around reptile husbandry and care. This survey is open to anyone who has owned a reptile for a year or more. More information can be found at the survey link.

Thank you in advance!
    Reptile Survey

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, some of the questions cannot be answered.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Indeed. Most people have no idea exactly how old their animals are when acquired. And not putting a value in every box stops your survey. And just putting "something" in the box in order to complete it pretty much invalidates it.

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I agree, I was unable to complete the survey as well. It seems like the survey was too broad and asked the wrong questions. It felt more like you wanted to know how much reptile keepers know about their animals rather than their actual husbandry and care, if that makes sense.
    Questions like, "do you think you can meet your reptile's husbandry needs?"
    feel antagonistic and I am curious as to what purpose that question actually serves.
    I would rethink the questions as well as your wording if you are trying to generate usable (and relevant) data.

5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

I answered the ones I could and just put "1" in all the age boxes since I wasn't certain.

Perhaps a "not applicable" option could be added?

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

To clarify, I couldn`t proceed because I don`t use supplementation or UVB and although I explained the reason why I kept getting an error message to fill in the boxes (with what)?

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, did you manage to get through to the end?

8. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Yes it allowed me to submit the answers.
    Although I do use UVB and supplementation so that's possibly why I didn't encounter the same issue.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

In that case you win 1st prize (an all expenses paid trip around the block)... ;)

Qwerty3159 likes this.
  10. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

I filled out your survey, but as every one else is saying it should be more specific, and more general in some areas such as age.