This Disappears When Logged In

Reptile Crafts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragoness, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have been quite crafty lately, and wanted to start a thread where we can post craft ideas for all things reptile. Nobody likes throwing away a good shed!

I'll start with the ones I have done.

skins.jpg
    Framed snake skins are super easy to do. You take two matching pieces of glass, and sandwich the skin between them, and glue it into a frame. I get cheap goodwill frames. You need one frame you like, and one extra frame you are just going to use the glass from.

12.18.14 040.jpg
    Snake skin pendants. Also super easy. I bought the glass cabochons, chains, and the pendant settings, and you just cut a piece of skin to the size of your glass cab, and a piece of white cardstock to go underneath it. The prongs of the setting just bend around the glass. You can use a screwdriver to do it.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Crafty I'm not, but I did have the idea of laminating small pieces of shed to make bookmarks. Lol, that's all I got.

mayhmmaydn likes this.
  3. lizardhoarder139

lizardhoarder139 Elite Member

Wow those are amazing!! I've always wanted to do something with the sheds but never knee what to do with them. I love those pendants!

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Gee, you`re doing yourself a great injustice stating you`re not crafty, anyone who can make bits of a (wooden?)shed into bookmarks impresses me no end... Well done!!!!! ;)

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I could probably do that too, I'll make sure to send you one if I ever do, lol.