This Disappears When Logged In

Reptifogger Died

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by tiffers, Dec 29, 2011.

1. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

i have had the reptifogger for around 4-5 months and the motor stopped working it produces fog but wont push it out, the kicker they cant do nothing because the warranty is good for only 90 days. i have been reading and i guess this has been a problem for several people. does any one know of a fogger or humidifier that does work consistantly? right now its no big deal cause the hubby is on leave so he mists often to keep the humidity up but here in a week and a half he is gonna be at work as well.

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Get a human humidifier. They work great!

3. jamesw

jamesw Elite Member

4. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

they didnt tip the bottle over? or would i be able to connect a hose to it?

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I've also heard so members suggest the Crane ultrasonic brand ones at walmart, they are a baby humidifier. Elephants, tigers, whale, pigs, they are small enough to be placed inside an enclosure and easy to clean according to the reviews.

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

you could also try a mister. Set it on a timer and sit back and enjoy :)

7. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

I am trying to stay away from misters they tend to cool off more and this house i moved into is a bit drafty i went and got a couple of 250W chicken brooding lamps just to keep the reptile area as a whole warmer. humidifiers tend to have smaller droplets so i am hoping that will not affect my temps. but if it does i can always move the hot tree closer

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

What size cage are you trying to moisten?

9. jamesw

jamesw Elite Member

I kept it on the outside of the enclosure and fit some PVC to it and drilled a 1" hole in the top of the enclosure for the pipe to go through.

10. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

It's a 55gal tall for the moment and a 20 gal tall but I figured out I can take the bottom off of the repti fogger and completely cleaned the atomizer and let it run for an hr and it is working without a hitch!!!

11. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I did the same thing! :)

Just be careful not to move it until it dries completely so as not to get water around the motor.

12. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

I was gonna get the reptifogger even tho i knew they died every like 5 months. The walgreens one is half the price but does it work as good and easy to hook up to my terrarium? You fixed yous i see though thats great :). Do you have a picture of you set up with it by chance?

13. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

It works very well. I had it at the 75% setting and it would run for 36 hours.

This is the only pic I have. The PVC tube is siliconed to the "fog" output on the humidifier, and isn't actually inserted into the tank but is resting on the screen. This is a 40 gallon anole tank.
    P9290436_Copy.jpg

Attached Files:

14. tiffers

tiffers Elite Member

I like that set up

15. Evozakira

Evozakira Elite Member

Wow! Thats a awesome set up! I will try the walgreens one. Its worth the price even if it didnt work. Thanks for sharing :)