This Disappears When Logged In

Repti Hammock

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Buggy0123, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

I've recently constructed a tank (as you may have seen in recent forums) and I would like to put up a hammock of some sort. All hammocks that I've seen though are hung by a suction cup. Do you guys know a way around this being as a suction cup won't stick to plywood? Thanks.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

If you want it removable then no. However you can just drill a small hole and screw in some cup hooks.

3. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

Hook loop screws and zip ties. That's how I suspend branches and whatnot in my enclosures. I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.

Screw the hook loops into the wood, run the zip ties through the hammock and the loops and there you have it. Need to move it? Cut the zip ties and unscrew the hook loops. Simple.

What I do with branches is screw the hook loops into the end, screw one into the top of the enclosure, then run a zip tie through both loops. it lets you hang a branch from anywhere and at any angle, plus you can criss-cross multiple branches to make a system of overlapping logs that is as simple or as complex as you like.

4. FervidBrutality

FervidBrutality Elite Member

Here's how I attached the hammock in one of my enclosures with the hook loops and zip ties :)
    EDIT: Also how I suspend logs in the same enclosure. This method allows for a lot of criss-cossing branches while keeping them stable.

20160305_170735.jpg 20160305_170740.jpg 20160305_170751.jpg