This Disappears When Logged In

Repti Bark Fine for Tara.?

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by biollantefan54, May 19, 2012.

1. biollantefan54

biollantefan54 Elite Member

I have a tank setup all ready for a tarantula. I forgot to see if Repti-Bark is fine for Rose hairs. I already have it in there, Ill be getting my first tarantulas soon. So is it fine?

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I use Exo terra plantation soil, you can get it in the brick or by the bag.

3. biollantefan54

I cant get that, Is Repti fine?

4. mld

Looks to be a bit on the chunky side, Rose Hairs like to burrow, coco fibre/ eco earth would be better.

5. biollantefan54

Okay sorry I couldn't get back to you quickly. But is Repti. Fine for a tarantula? Not whats best but will it work? I have it where it feels like its a burrow so is it fine?

6. biollantefan54

Oh and sorry about another question :/, Can I just get an buy a sponge for the water dish? I heard that you shouldn't do that because of mold but is it fine if I change it daily?

7. mld

I used to, never had a problem with it as long as its cleaned daily and fresh water added daily. I did switch over to the gel crystals just because it started to get pretty dry and she way hanging out at the water dish more often. So I just use a very watered down crystals, plus mine is a few years old and I don't think that she has a risk of drowning.

Again, I wouldn't use Repti bark, it's too large, they like to burrow!