This Disappears When Logged In

reptarium 100 gal water dragon

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by specialname, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. specialname

specialname Member

16.5 x 30 x 48 vented mesh. i bought on its way, i dont wanna buy anything with walls right. i have plans to build along the way. for now i have the large light, 2 small lights. will the mesh burn? how should i hang the lights or just leave them on top? i bought the believe 75 watt bulb, and the purple color. is there anything else i need. i have read you use a reg house 100 watt bulb for heat? i am trying to address this for when the cage comes i know what to do since i wanna build like shelves for him to rest on near the bulb between 12-17 inches away.

Attached Files:

2. specialname

specialname Member

3. specialname

specialname Member

this a lighting question not caging? why is it moved?

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Housing and caging deal with all aspects of what goes in it. The orginal post was in the Bearded Dragon section so it was redirected to here. I sent you a pm.

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

dont use a mesh cage for your water dragon,it will hold no heat or humidity..believe me I tried it and it was not good at all your water dragons humidity needs to be 80%..it shouldnt drop lower then 70% and they temps need to be 84-88 84 on the cool side 88 on the warm..also I wouldnt suggest useing a big cage for a baby dragon...we may like the thought of alot of space but they anrt too happy about it usually

6. Mr. T

Mr. T Established Member

i agree with dont use it. i tried as well. to keep any humidity you need to have it almost 90% covered with a sheet. and there very dangerous if you plan to use heat lamps as a heat source. they can melt quite easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.