This Disappears When Logged In

Regurgitation Help

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by cassicat4, Aug 28, 2013.

1. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

My nearly year-old male Tokay, from what I can tell, accidentally ingested at least half a sheet of paper towel (I'm assuming when he was going after a cricket) a couple nights ago. He regurged it, but now he is not eating. I don't know if he actually consumed any that he will have to try and digest. All that being said:

-is there anything I can do for him in the meantime to help him feel better? I'm presuming the stomach acids and what not would have irritated his digestive tract somewhat. Liquid calcium maybe?
    -about how long afer a regurge does it usually take for lizards to begin eating again?
    -IF he managed to consume some, how difficult is it for paper towel to break down in their system? This is a cheap, thin brand of towel, and I wouldn't expect him to have eaten more than a mouthful (based on what was left).

He SEEMS to be acting normal - is still active at night moving around his tank. I haven't taken him out since the incident though as I don't want to add unnecessary stress while he's recovering.

Thanks