This Disappears When Logged In

Reeves Turtle Feeding

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Jenkittytech, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Jenkittytech

Jenkittytech New Member

Hi! I'm new to the community and was wondering if someone could help me out with feeding recommendations for my Reeves turtle, as I've been able to find very little on their care. The lady that had "Bowser" before me rehomed him because she'd had 2, and as they grew, the other became more dominant and began picking on Bowser. According to her, Bowser was approximately 1 year old when he was rehomed to me. I've had him for a couple of months now. I'm certain I was feeding him either too frequently, or too much, at feeding time initially. I've cut back both...but don't want to under feed him either! He's very sweet, personable, and the absolute best at begging! So he's no indicator of how much he should be eating! I feed a mix of a few high quality commercial pellets, some small sun - dried shrimp (also commercial), and would like to introduce some raw veggies, especially as I've recently been hand feeding him (so cute and less mess, no missed pellets!), but so far he's shown no interest in the lettuce or green beans I've offered, and I'm not sure what else to try (again, no Reeves care sheets located)! Anyone that could share their experience or expertise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! (in this picture, Bowser climbed out to bask and this lily leaf clung to his shell and dried on!)

Attached Files: