This Disappears When Logged In

Red-sided Garter

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by esbat, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

I caught this 3' girl in May, didn't know she was gravid at the time. She had 13 babies last month. Her name is Precious because she is...I have never known a Garter to be so social, she seems to beg to be taken out when you approach her tank. We released her babies back where she was found.
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/reptile-rescue/bf45f0d9.jpg

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

She's lovely, i hope the babies do well and keep the population up in the wild. Good luck to her, she's a real beauty.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

How cool! Did you get to watch her give birth or did you just go in there and find a tank full of babies?

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Cuteness Val...I love babies. :p

5. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

I missed the miracle :( She hadn't eaten in almost 3 weeks so when I went to check on her...there they were, tiny clones. I was running around calling myself a snake gramma :p I have 2 Northwestern Garters who also had babies, missed those too. My timing ****s, lol.

6. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Too bad you missed seeing that miracle. But great job in releasing the babes.

7. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Cool :) I used to breed my garters and release the babies too. I think garter snakes have some of the cutest snake babies there are :D

8. Allecto

Allecto Elite Member

Aaaaw, you're making me miss keeping garters. Cool pic.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

thats awesome. the babies are adorable! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.