This Disappears When Logged In

Red Eye Tree Frog Vivarium Build.

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by HydroDragon, Mar 5, 2010.

1. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

Alright, its not at 100% yet, but its gettin darn close. Turns out i underestimated the amount of caulking it would take to cover the great stuff. As did I underestimate the amount of Great stuff it would take haha. Heres some progress pics...

I finished the Ceiling off and used Liquid Nails under the tile since its going to be the cieling and the last thing you want is the warmth and gravity to release any other glue's
    PC060047.jpg

After attaching it to the enclosure, I finished off the great stuff.
    PC060050.jpg

Nothing technical about putting the Eco Earth background on. Squeeze out a bunch of the caulking and just spread it around till everything is covered. Dust on the EE (I also added a little Coconut fiber to my mix.) And heres your results.
    PC070057.jpg

There are a couple touch up area's to do. But just make sure you press everything down into your caulking after you dust it on. Then let it dry for a half hour or so. Then I pressed down on it again to make sure it was set. Then tipped the cage upright.
    PC080058.jpg

I have one wall left to do at this point. Not sure if img going to get it done tonight or not. Fumes are kinda nasty after awhile even with a mask. Burns your eyes, so use proper ventalation.
    PC080060.jpg

Once the wall is done I can put in the other 2 piece of plexi-glass. Attatch the front face onto it to finish everything off. Then put on the door. Im very very close at this point.

Attached Files:

2. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

Well its time to put in my plants and get everything growing real well.

Here is the finished Vivarium, without a door and a bunch of potting soil.
    PC110073.jpg

Here is a close look at the "plant wall" It just has most of the wall planters on it.
    PC110072.jpg

And the left wall with the rock planter. And branch, you can also see one of the ledges for air plants to grow on the back wall.
    PC080059.jpg

Once I get everything Planted and setup with branches ill give everyone another picture update of the 100% complete product. But this is it for the build process. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

3. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks very nice......always good to see/get different ideas for enclosures.......thanks for posting:)

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Another plant you might look into if you can find it is creeping fig, ficus pumilia. It is a small leaved ivy looking type of plant and will grow across your wall, eventually covering a large portion of it with a living green backdrop!

5. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

Great suggestion. I think it would work perfectly on the left wall. I will have to check into them. Thanks!

6. Johnny

Johnny Elite Member

Oh, man... that looks pretty good. Once it grows out I bet it's gonna look killer.

7. HydroDragon

HydroDragon Elite Member

Yeah, if only the plant growing process was faster so that it was all filled in. Im excited for that part and unfortunatly not a very patient person hah.