This Disappears When Logged In

Red Eared Sliders

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by Broken_Lyrix, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken_Lyrix

Broken_Lyrix Elite Member

Repti Glo 5.0 UVB

2. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

3. untsmurf

untsmurf Elite Member

Make sure you also have a light to heat up the basking area. The difference in temperature will draw the turtle out to bask. You can use a regular house bulb to get the basking temperature at least 10* above the water temperature (which should be around 76*).

4. Broken_Lyrix

Broken_Lyrix Elite Member

If I didn't already have what I needed, I would say, I don't think I have what I need. I do have what I need, uv lamp, heat lamp, heater, filter, all the necessary things."

Everything there includes what I have, I add and subtract as Eivey and Iggy often don't like some of the stuff that is there. Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it. I am growing more confident that I am doing the right things for my turtles. Thanks again.

5. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Relax, I think you are getting defensive for no reason. People are just trying to give you advice, and aren't treating you any differently than they would anyone else. As you know the UVB is one of the most important things for the turtles, and it stands to reason that, that is what people are going to try and make sure you have set up correctly.

6. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I have to agree with Shell. You seem really defensive when all we want to do is try to help you figure out what is wrong. That's exactly what you asked us for in your very first post in this thread. Since we are not in your home and seeing the set-up, we have to ask questions in hopes of helping you help your turtle and put your worried mind at ease. I know it seems frustrating at times and it feels like we do not believe you, but that's just not the case.

Please, do not take the questions defensively. We're only trying to help you and your turtle. :)

7. untsmurf

untsmurf Elite Member

We have to ask all these questions and confirm that you in fact do know what you're doing. Asking the questions can help us narrow our advice to your specific problem. And, often times, people think they have the right enclosure because they talked to 'the guy at the pet store', because they had the animal previously and it seemed happy and healthy, or because they found their info on a website. Not all websites are true, most pet store people are wrong, and not all living animals are being properly cared for.

If you could post a pic of your enclosure it would help lessen the questioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.