This Disappears When Logged In

red eared slider tank

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by mackzbaby, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mackzbaby

mackzbaby Active Member

Lol its like christmas, all these ups guys and fedex guys just keep bringing me more boxes. Sorry anyway, I'm in the middle of remodoling my red eared sliders tank and I was wondering if anybody had any pics of their tanks? Also I just recieved the new Zoomed 501 Turtle Canister and I was wondering if anybody had one and if they liked it or they don't care for it. Thanks!

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

My fiance and I have a yellow belly and a res.
    It's nothing fancy but they like it. 20g long with bio wheel and floating dock, a small pleco to help keep it clean and some goldfish and rosies.

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Did you get a pic of the new tank yet Mac?? I would love to see it! :)

4. Jinxx

Jinxx Member

I have two RES ..... one is in a 120g the other a 90gallon. Each is set up different, due to their personalities.....

Here is my old boy, Benedicts tank, a variety of his tank set ups. He just recently underwent a habitat change.....all rock and sunken wood with sand. His basking spot is a plastic platform with walls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That last photo has Sam and Ella in it, not Ben.

Dipstank - Also underwent some adjustments to allow for soem new aquatic dwellers. Basically the same, more plants (he doesnt eat them yet)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope these help you

Your canister in my experience stinks and is not suited for turtles at all. Perhaps hatchlings, but not much else. Turtles are messy creatures and that canister just doesnt cut it. Turtle health is directly related to water quality, you are better off buying XP Filters. I use those and have no water issues at all! Monthly cleaning. Also larger tanks are easy to balance and care for believe it or not.

Just remember the minimum tank requirements......10gallons for every inch of turtle (And dont forget to take into consideration that the tank has decorations that take up space)

5. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Nice looking setups.

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Good looking set ups but don't those fish bite at the turtles toes? How do you feed the turtle? Outside the tank? I'm just thinking that the fish would hog all the food before the turtle had a chace to eat any.

7. venus

venus Founding Member

I keep mine outside in the pond with the gold fish....

[​IMG]

8. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

That's really cool Venus...I would love to have a pond but my dogs would be swimming in it and will scare the turtle half to death!

9. Jinxx

Jinxx Member

I use a net to coral the fish to the side of the tank while he eats ..... its like they are trained now to the routine, but the net has to be in the water. Otherwise they steal all teh food.

10. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

What do you feed your turtles anyway?

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LMAO! What great names for turtles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.