This Disappears When Logged In

Red Coloration on Scales

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by latrelle1976, Jun 30, 2014.

1. latrelle1976

latrelle1976 New Member

hi, i have a hypo brooks kingsnake. i have had him for over a year. he is a great snake and never had any sort of problems. i just noticed after his shed, he has a slight reddish color on both sides of his face , kinda under the lip. he is still eating fine. no other signs of RI or mouth rot. (got a good look inside the mouth.. all good there) no wheezing or mucas. and still very energetic (as always :) ). just this light reddish coloration. is it from the shed? (which was a full shed by the way.) i'm sort of worried about him. this wasn't there before the shed cycle. has anyone ever seen this before? it is so light i can't really get a good pic. of it... sorry. he is in a glass enclosure with screen lid. aspen shavings, under tank heat pad, and has a good size water bowl that he gets in and soaks regularly. any help will be appreciated. thanks

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Unless the areas are raised or of a different texture than the surrounding scales its probably just natural coloration coming in.

3. latrelle1976

latrelle1976 New Member

they are not raised or look or feel any different..just by color... thank you so much for your reply! that does make me feel better. i will keep an eye on it for a few days to make sure their are no changes.