This Disappears When Logged In

Recommended Breeders?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by aeral, Jun 23, 2014.

1. aeral

aeral Elite Member

Hi All,

I've been browsing around trying to find a list of recommended breeders but thus far I haven't had much luck.

I am thinking that once my leo has fully recovered I may get a second one with a second setup or get another female.

I've got a few reservations about it, though, because my leo has MBD and I'm afraid that even once she recovers that she might easy be bullied by the other gecko. She is currently housed in a 20 gal long and is an adult approx 2 1/2 years old.

If I were able to find another leo around the same size that was female as well, would I be able to house them together or should I err on the side of caution and get a whole new setup for her?

The main reason why I'm considering another leo is simply as companionship for mine. Is this a good idea/bad idea/do geckos ever get bored/lonely? I'm working on some really cool cage furniture that includes some ramps and such to hopefully keep her more engaged and active.

I'm aware that MBD makes leos bad candidates for breeding so I've decided I won't breed her and therefore don't want a male.

Ultimately, can anyone recommend any Canadian breeders?

Thanks all

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

It's rare for reptiles to want companionship, it's a trait we put on them and it's false. Best case is to keep them separate, unless breeding then it helps if they are together :p

3. aeral

aeral Elite Member

Thanks for the input. I'll keep one to a cage for now then. I'm still tempted by another leo but I don't want an impulse buy.

Now here's a bit more of a question on their brains... but does a gecko get bored? Lol.

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Everything gets bored, I have changed tank furniture around every 6 months or so just to keep them looking around (and mad at me for touching their stuff...) Changing foods now and than also helps.