This Disappears When Logged In

Ratsnakes-who's got any and what kind?

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by jacky, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

I think I got a new passion-ratsnakes!If I had the space I would collect them like stamps,lol! I think the variety is just absolutely amazing and what beauties they are! Still can't wait 'til next weekend to get mine!

If you don't mind,I really would hear about your experience with them,and what kind of ratsnake you have!Thanks a lot!! :)

2. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I don't have any, but I love them! :)

3. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Thanks Juliane ,for answering on this thread!Maybe one day,if your hubby eventually will become a snake lover,you will have a ratsnake!!

4. smallgrayfox

That would be so cool! But I won't hold my breath to see if it will happen :rolleyes: ...

I'm sure I'd turn blue! :eek:

He's brought home a couple of rat snakes that had to be relocated from people's yards before (stupid people wouldn't let them live in their yards:( so we released them elsewhere), and he catches little garter snakes in our back yard to show me before he lets them go again...they always want to get in front of the mower, but he watches out for them...

anyway, my point is, since he doesn't HATE snakes, and even goes so far as to LIKE snakes, maybe someday he'll LOVE snakes.... :rolleyes:

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I'm in the process of saving for a breeding pair of Mandarin Ratsnakes, which in my opinion are the prettiest. So many on the wishlist,,,,will it ever end,,,lol.

6. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Well,Juliane,that's a start,lol!

Ken,I think it will never end,lol! I think most of us on HC, and crazy about snakes,would love to live in a mansion where there would be loads of space for reptiles,lol!

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

oh how true is that !!!! I'm in the process of adding an extension to my house (still in design phase) and it ironically is being based on maximum herp exposure !!!!

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

in a word,......NO!

9. Amelia

Amelia Elite Member

Goodness I will name as many off the top of my head as I can, black rats (white sided blacks as well), greenish rat snakes, white sided everglades rats, white oaks rats, a few different cross breeds as well..and probably a few others.

10. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

LOL,Merlin!

Amelia,that sound intresting; wish you would live just a little bit closer...!

Ken,good luck with the extension,and make sure there's loads of space for snakes,lol!!

11. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

OOps,sorry,must have pushed the wrong button,now I'm double;just wanted to edit,'cause I forgot Ken;sorry Ken!

12. Sentress

Sentress Elite Member

I've only got one snake, that's Xantasa, or Sir X for short. He's a Great Plains Ratsnake. and I love him to pieces!!! I never knew snakes were so nosy, but if he had his way he'd be into everything!

He's such a handsome devil, see??

[​IMG]

13. smallgrayfox

He's gorgeous Sentress! It looks like he's thriving in your care! Heehee...My Ky-Lin is nosy like your snake....she loves to get into everything too :D

14. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Hi Sentress,nice to have you back!Xantasa is very handsome indeed!

15. Sentress

Sentress Elite Member

yeah, he is nosy. He's so funny to watch, he spends so much of his time watching me. I must be quite entertaining for him. It's funny, when I'm doing my morning workout to see him with his head peaking over the bottom lip of his tank all I can see is his head, watching me.

If I walk to one side of the apartment, he'll gracefully slide down to one side of the tank. If I then turn around and walk to the other side, he'll slide slowly down to that end... He likes watching me at my computer and cooking....

Yeah, he's my baby, can you tell?

Sentress

16. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

sounds cute,lol! Rat snakes really do have great personalities!Can't wait to get mine on Tuesday.I call her 'Nikita'.

17. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Well we just picked up a Texas Rat Snake at the show in New York. He is very colorful, but is soon to shed. So far seems very friendly despite what I have heard of rat snakes dispositions. Will post pics as soon as I can get one of my digital cameras to work.

Steven

18. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

WOW Steve,that's so great! Can't wait to see pics!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.