This Disappears When Logged In

Rare Blue Leopard Frog

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Velvndor, Nov 13, 2015.

?

how rare is it?

1. very

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. not at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. kinda

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. super ultra rare

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Velvndor

Velvndor New Member

I found this leopard frog in a pond near my house. I'd never seen one with blue on it so I kept it. I haven't been able to find anything online about blue leopard frogs so I messaged terafuna on Facebook and they told me it was rare and that I should share my find. So.. Here we are lol IMG_20151112_204657.jpg 12248851_791798144298817_286204293_n.jpg

DwarvenChef likes this.
  2. billrogers

billrogers Established Member

Wow! He's beautiful!

Velvndor likes this.
  3. Velvndor

Velvndor New Member

Thank you :3
    But he hasn't been eating because of stress I'm guessing. Should I just give him time or any suggestions?

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

In captivity these guys need a lot of room. Being collected s an adult and used to wide open space your going to have trouble acclimating him to captivity.

I'm the last person to be able to say release may be the best option here, as many I'm sure will and soon. If you are determined to keep him I'd suggest a bit less activity around his tank (larger the better) so he can get used to the movement in the room. It may take a couple weeks for him to get used to his new area so eating may be low on his list.

Most Rana frogs are forever hungry so I would bet he will start eating once acclimated. Toss in a cricket before the lights go on and back far enough away that he cannot see you easily. See if he eats it.

Velvndor likes this.