This Disappears When Logged In

Random Question

Discussion in 'Pituophis (Pines, Bulls, Gophers)' started by annaj328, Oct 27, 2010.

1. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

sooo i held a stillwaters bull snake at a herp show in may and ever since then i have wanted one. i know i cant have one; i have my hands full with what i have now. but still, has anyone here owned one? what are they like personality wise? and arent they the prettiest snakes ever? (apart from my beautiful girls that is ;))

picture i found that is drool worthy, i thought i would share:
    Lopez_stillwaterhypobull.jpg

this is mainly just a post cuz im bored. all my tv was cancelled so the news people could tell me there might maybe may be a tornado about an hour away, but they arent sure...

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

oh yeah, that's a gorgeous snake!
    I know exactly what you mean when you go to a Expo and see something you want so bad. I was at one this past weekend and seen the most beautiful ghost corn snake. I only wish the husband liked reptiles, how can someone not like them.
    Gotta go get a tissue for all that drooling I'm doing over that picture.

Hope the weather gets better and you get your TV back. That sucks

3. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

haha yeah, i have not seen a single raindrop but apparently something is going down 3 counties away....oh well, theres always hulu :)

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My bull is not a Stillwaters but an albino but they will be similar. Bulls are a bit different then the run of the mill cornsnake. For one thing they put on a heck of a show. Hissing like a steam engine! They can make a lot of noise even as a baby. And they act fierce but its mostly bluff.

5. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

the guy i talked to at the show said that stillwaters are usually calmer that other bulls, any truth to that? i held a large adult northern pine snake at the museum i used to volunteer at, and i fell in love. unfortunately they are illegal to own in my state; thats why im interested in a bull snake.

ps. i kind of like animals with a little more "spunk", thats why i love my carpet python so much ;) i was hissed at by the pine snake while i was unloading her from a program, it was pretty cool.

since i cant have one i would love to live vicariously, merlin do you have any pictures/ videos of "the show"???

6. SteveWD

SteveWD Elite Member

That is a beautiful looking snake :) im new to snakes but im thinking of getting a cornsnake. how much bigger do these guys get?

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I think that that is nothing but a sales pitch!
    The term "Stillwater", refers to Stillwater, Oklahoma where that particular colored locality was found. Just a bit north of me. They are still "just" a bullsnake.
    And living in Oklahoma I can tell you that the bulls around here are pretty typical. Typically noisy!

I don't have any pics of the show but here is the intro thread from when I brought him home.
    http://www.herpcenter.com/pituophis-pines-bulls-gophers/29471-new-addition.html
    Bulls have been recorded in excess of 8 ft but 6 is more the norm.

8. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

aw hes pretty! thanks for sharing.

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I agree, what a cutie!