This Disappears When Logged In

Random Drabbles of Boredom.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thalatte, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I tried but the men run faster than me!

2. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

LOL!!!!

Anti virals have a history of being far more dangerous then good when it comes to chicken pox. I will be staying clear of all medications except the possible tylenol if needed. We might try some morning sun if its not too bad. But I know the heat here will be absolutely miserable. Its seriously 90 or above by 8am every morning. Yuck. I am in no way wanting to play down the chicken pox but we do want her to get life long immunity if we are going to go through this. She has allergies that prevent her from getting vaccines and taking many medications. Its a sticky road.

I am fighting the tort thing. Me likey snakes. I like the Beardies a lot as well but for me alone they would be too much. My son is homeschooled and able to give them the attention they need. But with me being a full time nursing student......lots of attention is hard. Which is why I am fighting the tort idea. I just feel like they need a lot attention and give very little back in return, like you ladies have illustrated. Of course my husband says he will do it....he forgets he works 60+ hours a week.

3. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yep you have nailed it on the head. The only Tort I have that likes attention is dozer (the one eating the watermelon) Maynard and Bane will run away as fast as they can if they see a person and Teagers just freezes and if you go to touch him he withdraws into his shell.

EDIT: I should clarify: dozer only likes attention because if he sees a person that means he gets food and it has taken me like...8 years? to get him to this point. Most of the time he seems like he would rather withdraw as well but for some reason he isnt able to withdraw into his shell. He never has now that I think about it...wonder if that means something...

4. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Tiger except for the 17 year old mine are nearly the same ages- 12, 10 (going on 11) 8, 5, 3 and 2. My dogs are almost 2. I have 3 cats and a turtle and I don't know how many fish. The mollies are reproducing at crazy rates lol

Tia I think you are cool. Not creepy. You obviously love animals. Yes they are extremely expensive. But reptiles are fascinating animals. What else can you spend your money on anyway? :)

I am afraid to Touch my Res lol. She freaks out when I try and I don't like to stress her out. And I don't care to be bitten. She likes when we feed her. :). What animal doesn't? She wasn't held very much I don't think before I got her so she wasn't used to it. She is just happy to be left alone so I respect that. Not that I would be kissing my turtle (I saw some girl on tv who had two RES turtles and she kissed them on the snout and that was gross. Not to mention she could possibly get salmonella. ) but I wish I could hold her with her freaking out. I could probably do it over time but I don't have much time to spend doing that. It is ok. Hopefully the bearded dragon I get will be more used to being held and stuff.

Khelmoria-yep. Six. Five boys and one girl. :). She is my 5 year old. I kind of miss her being a baby lol. She is so funny. Very much a "mom" to her hunger brothers lol. And you say "only five" kids like that is a small feat :). Five is still a lot.:)

Yeah I grew up before they had the chicken pox vaccine and we all had it. Yes there can be very serious cases but I think that is rare. The chicken pox aren't fun but in my opinion I would rather have it than get the vaccine. Some can't get the vaccine because of the way they manufacture it in chicken embryo. Allergies to eggs...sun should help...it does help to blast a fever! Personal experience when I had mono in high school and I had a high fever. My dad said go lay in the sun and it baked it it of me!

5. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I have five boys, my husband still wants a girl. I told him he needs to get another wife, and she better be able to bake cookies!

My boys are 12, 4, 3, 3, and 9 months.

6. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Wow! Youarebusy! 4, twin 3year loss and a 9 month old??? I can give you a secret on how I I got my one girl lol. I cheated a little and bought an OPK. Lol. That way I KNEW when I would be ovulating. They say girl sperm lives longer and if you do stuff 3 days before O then you are more likely to get a girl. Male sperm lives about 24 hours. So the closer to O you do stuff the more likely you are to get a girl. The females can live up to six days I think. Sorry if TMI. But that is how I got my girl. I had to "plan" a little lol it was worth it though. If I were to have another baby I would try to plan that again. Five boys are a lot. Lol. My husband says it is just less weddings to pay for lol.

7. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

We are group of woman with large families. I have 5 as well. They are 15(girl), 13(boy), 11(boy), 6(girl), and 2(girl). Then we have a cat, a dog, 3 bearded dragons, 4 snakes (one of them will be returned to the school sadly) and a RES turtle.

My RES turtle is a bit bitey as well. She likes being fed and I can take her out for cleaning and such but we don't play with her. I have a kiddy pool in the back and she actually enjoys getting some sun here and there. My son also puts a shell wax on her. She doesn't seem extremely stressed when she is handled but she also isn't excited about it. Its rare. She loves veggies and chasing after fish.

8. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Mine does not really eat other foods other than the pellets. Not my ideal. I have tried squash and watermelon as a treat. Strawberry...I can't remember what else...kale or collards. She takes small bites and then leaves it float lol.

I say the more the merrier. I think once you get one reptile you have to have more. :). Also kids. :)

9. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Well I have managed to weed down the pets. All 12 turtles went to a nature center where they can live out their days peacefully and well loved and awed. So I am happy for them. ~Sigh~ Bahamut and Bertha died so that puts me down 2 more. Bertha I expected but Baha was so unexpected still hurts really badly.

Jet, who is 11, is autistic and Dj (9) is extremely strong willed (they call it ADHD, I call it strong willed). And they feed off each other constantly. It's really frustrating at times. But I do the best I can. Then of course all my feeders that I use and breed and sell of course. The dubia are super simple I normally just ignore them except to feed and water them. The silkworms are a totally different story now. Silkworms are simply a great deal of work. The older they get, the easier it gets and of course if you don't hatch many at once it's easier. I try not to hatch more then a couple thousand at a time because it gets overload insane then.

The superworms are actually pretty easier and this repashy bug burger is working well with them actually. I'm surprised.

Life is easier now then it was when I was actively taking rescues in. Having to get everyone dressed and out the door to drive here or there to pick a reptile up. lol. In a way the kids miss it and so I but financially there just wasn't enough to go around. Hard enough stretching what we get now. I'm disabled and don't leave the house too often so the beardies are kind my all the time companions. I am going to try and set up a stand at the repticon in Nashville though. Just 2 tables to sell some Dubia and Silkworms at.

10. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Can I jump in? I don't know how you do it ladies... I have one little girl and she's all I can handle. MY wife wanted another but I just wasn't ready. We give her 110% and when the day is done I'm worn out!

Tia- the little kitten is just an orange tabby we got from the pound when he was 7 weeks. Our puppy we did buy since German shepherd pups never go for adoption. I would have liked to rescue and adult but with my kid being so young I didn't want to take a chance since I'm gone to work all day. Think I'll have to post some updates on them too :)

So with all these little creatures I have my hands full when I get home. Heck I have barely have enough time to get to my snakes it seems now a days :)

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well I have plenty of orange tabbys so I am going to have to pass on your trade...Unless you want to throw the chondros in?

12. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Wow having 1 child would be a vacation. I am not sure I could handle it. I think I could actually sit down and read more then 2 words without "MOM" two words "MOM" one word "HE HIT ME" Yep....15 hours a day, 7 days a week. I wish I had a husband to help or sit around and do nothing...SOMETHING...

13. JoeyG

LOL! Well I think they don't mind the peace and quiet with me busy with other things. I'm still a LOOONNNNGGGG way from getting rid of my chondros though :) If you ever find yourself in MD I could use a hand with them though, need some cleaning and water changes ;)

14. JoeyG

Well all I can say is little girls do indeed talk ALOT! Between all the tea parties, wearing "fairy" wings and crowns, being a personal slave, horse to ride, and so much more it's nice when bed time comes around ;)

15. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

My 3 girls think they were born into royalty. Not sure where they got that impression. I am sitting here being explored by the baby boa and my girls are painting each others nails. Its fairly quiet at the moment but I am sure it won't last long.

16. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Ok so sorry about this BUT Tai is currently running around my room exploring. He really like the treadmill for some unknown reason. He jumps on it runs around under it...Its like one continuous lap that he does...up, over, down, under, up over, down, under...
    Well he makes alot of noise when he does that. But after a few minutes of extended silence I thought I should pprobably look for him. So I lay down on my belly and check all around my floor and in all the places he could have gotten in. In the books, on the bookshelves, in my clothes, shoes etc.
    Now remember this is pretty much a 3 legged lizard pulling around a heavily purple polka dotted bandaged leg and tail. He is kinda hard to miss.
    Its been about 5min and I am just about to start panicking since my room is rather small and actually clean at the moment.
    Well the third time I check under the treadmill I get smacked on the head with a purple polka dot bandage.... 1E52FD29-1713-413C-B637-F5454C74C3F4-15450-0000105334E7AEAF.jpg I dont think his bandages hinder him at all.

[video]http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/11Tiamat13/media/E35EB2F4-EC76-46BF-B40C-013416764193-10612-00000B87AC578096.mp4.html[/video] here he is running around before he broke his tail.

17. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I have very little "me time" actually it amounts to getting up a couple hours early for work (less sleep)
    I work full time and do most of the actual cooking I am the only one who drives (not sure how you can even be in the marines if you can not drive) we have 5 rescue cats, a rabbit, a gerbil/hamster thing, a fish and my snake... best pet ever ! I am lucky as my husband does all the homeschooling and the dishes and laundry. Not really sure what I would do without him but sometimes I feel like I am the only adult....me the adult!?! that is a shocker.....NEED MORE TIME!

Having two children is essentially the same as having one it is when you break three that things get hairy...

18. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Is it a hint that he likes your bras? Hmm Or maybe he wants a girlfriend? lmao

19. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

What is "me time" is that like Mommy Emotional? Or is it Mentally Exhausted? If it's mentally exhausted time I get lots of that. Thats when you are in the back of the house switching clothes around, then it gets really quiet, then you hear BANG followed by a shriek, then the dog barking, a kid crying and three other kids screaming while sounding like a heard of elephants down the hall to tell you its someone else's fault. Yep, welcome to my world. I sure do love to mow the lawn though. Someday maybe I will put a muffler back on the lawnmower too.

20. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

Thalatte, that is funny. Sounds like a spunky little guy! Spike, our biggest beardy, jumped off the couch and chased the cat tonight as I ran after him praying the cat didn't turn tail to protect her self. She didn't thankfully. I knew these guys could be fast but he is usually so lazy I didn't think he could move that fast. Poor cat.

TigerIvy, I think we live the same life......