This Disappears When Logged In

Rainbows

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by furryscaly, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

2. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Elite Member

The guy or guys that run that site are always at the All Ohio Reptile show. And he does have some very beutiful rainbows. Hope you have good luck with them when you do decide to purchuse one.

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

The only real deciding factors when it came to me getting one was availability, price, and space. Well, now I know where I can get one, and how much it would cost me, all thats left is space, which I'll have in a year or two :D Just figured I'd post the link cause I had no idea how much a rainbow cost, plus there's some really cool pics in there :D

4. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Elite Member

Space always seems to be the problem. I an out of space to and I have no where near the collection you do.

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Ah, but I cheat. All my critters are fairly small. The biggest herps I have are my turtles, none with shells longer than a foot, and my two garter snakes, neither of which breaches 3 feet. Now if I had beardies, iguanas, or boas, I wouldn't have room for even close to as many critters as I do now. The turtles definately take up the most room though. Even more than my pheasant.

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Get one -- they're great

I'm very very happy with my Brazilian Rainbow Boa now. When I got her she was really nasty and I was afraid that she'd never become tame (and started to regret not getting a baby instead of a 7ft long adult that wasn't used to handling.)
    Now she's a dream (at least with me). Her earlier reputation has spread and no one else will go near her!! I never get tired of looking at her -- she's so gorgeous! I still have a great deal of respect when handling her -- they are EXTREMELY powerful constrictors: you do not want her even close to gettting around your neck!! She's gone up one shoulder and across my back to the other and with just the slight bend on either side of my neck to hold on, seriously started to choke and worry me!!

She is absolutely the BEST eater!! Although she never had an F/T rat in her life before I got her, she took it within seconds and she's never refused a meal!
    (My little BP could learn a lesson or two from her!!!)
    So Thumbs Up!! -- Get one!! Get one!!!
    I have a huge terrarium for mine:it is 5ft long, 2.5 ft deep and 4 ft high., but it didn't really need to be so high: she never climbs! I read that they are semi-arboreal, but Talyn seems to prefer the ground!!

7. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I've always admired them, but then you showed off some pics of Talyn! Beautiful snakes.

8. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

We keep our pair in a 2.5ft x 2ft plastic enclosure in our rack right now,. they are about a year old. We will be separating them soon (BRBs are fast growing, and can breed at 2yrs old). An adult is fine in a much smaller enclosure than Andrea has Talyn in, although it's lovely if you can provide more room. Go on Matt.. you know you want some!! :p

9. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

They are next on my list as well Matt!!

10. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I seriously need to upgrade my snake collection. I mean, I love my snakes, but all I have are two garters. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.