This Disappears When Logged In

Rainbows! (Lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Amber, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Here are my Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Phantom and Kitten, they are both around a year old now!

When I first got them
    [​IMG]

About a week after I got them
    Phantom
    [​IMG]

Kitten (A few days before she went into shed)
    [​IMG]

Kitten in shed
    [​IMG]

They both love their food!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I do make sure no moss gets eaten)

2. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Then pics taken today! It's not so easy to get pics of them, as they seem to like moving as soon as the camera focuses

Kitten
    [​IMG]

she has a strange sense of direction
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Phantom

[​IMG]

Please ignore my nails, I know they are a mess!
    [​IMG]

Finally, him making sure I was gone...
    [​IMG]

4. venus

venus Founding Member

OMG Amber, they are beautiful.... I really really want a rainbow..Adding to the want list now, thanks. :p

5. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

GEEZ Amber cut it out....I want one sooo bad lol....some day .....some day.....gorgeous snakes....Lyn

6. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

Those are great pics, I love the last feeding picture.

7. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Great pics! They're all cute. The one with Kitten in shed is really cool, I've never seen a snake turn so blue before! Its neat to see their pupils too, the adults seem to have really dark eyes.

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

they are absolutely beautiful!!! i love rainbows. they're gorgeous snakes. i love the pic of the snake in shed. they look like they're inside a piece of silk or inside a stocking. really neat looking. thanks so much for sharing the pics. rainbows are some of my favorites even though i don't have any of my own. i love seeing pics. :D

9. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

WOW,they are beautiful!! I know what you mean;I took some pics of my snakes,for the very first time(borrowed camera)but thought it was easy to photograph snakes,but it's so **** hard!!

10. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Thankya all for your comments!

They are such amazing snakes, I am happy if posting lots of pics makes people go out and buy one, or two, or maybe even three! I am thinking about buying a CRB or two!

I love their colour change when in shed, it makes it easier to tell that they are shedding, sometimes my ball pythons don't look different enough for me to really be sure, until I see the skin! Their eyes are really pretty, I can't wait 'til they get bigger, although right now they still look like cute little neonates. :D

Feeding them is a lot of fun, because its so much easier than feeding the other snakes, they always seem hungry. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping they will slow down as they get older, if they keep moving at the speed they do now as adults, I will have no hope to keep them from escaping, although with more of them it might be easier to get pics?

11. Allecto

Allecto Elite Member

I love BRBs! They've been on my wishlist for forever, but something always comes up to stop me from getting one :-(. Yours look great. Some very cool pics. I've never seen a rainbow in shed before, it looks really trippy. Awesome name, btw. Only other person I've come across with a snake named Kitten :).

12. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Nice to see other Rainbow Boa owners here, Amber.
    Your snakes are beautiful. They look so different as babies: such big eyes! :)
    You're right about the eating -- I think they are better eaters than any other snake I've owned: my Talyn has never refused a meal and would easily over eat if I wasn't careful.
    As far as slowing down with age.... hmmm. Don't count on it. ;)

Especially at night lately Talyn has been re-arranging her hide-boxes, pops the lid off of her moss box, tunnels under her waterbowl and hangs from the ceiling lamps. I've only had her a year and I'm not sure if it has something to do with her getting into optimum breeding age or what... but she's suddenly become A LOT more active than before. (She's 5 years old now.)
    Just make sure you have a good locking mechanism on your terrarium!

I look forward to seeing more pics of your babies.

13. Electrophile

Electrophile Elite Member

Awww, your lovely pics are making me miss Smaug so much! I love BRBs. Excellent eaters and a good temperament (at least Smaug had a great one). Sheila's still a bit of a snappy little beastie. Smaug never nipped me at all. I should get a pair to breed at some point... *wistful sigh*

14. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

What does "trippy" mean???/

Steve

15. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Yay, more comments! :p

I have a strange habit of calling my reptiles other animals, I'm not sure why...

I've been looking at other people's rainbows for a while, but I never thought I would own one, I was much more interested in pythons. But I couldn't ignore their beautiful rainbowness for long, and I am so happy I got them! :D

I love photographing them, such interesting little snakes, when I first go them they would grip onto me quite tight, now I wish they would grip more, as they just seem to glide through my hands, they have my full attention when they are out! I am thinking about breeding mine, but I'm not sure if I'd want to put the female through that, I have a while to decide though!

I keep thinking about getting a carpet python, but I hate getting bitten (which is why I got yearling BRBs) oh well, maybe some day! Sorry to hear about Smaug, my cornsnake used to like escaping, but she never went far, I found her in my bed once :rolleyes: .

16. Allecto

Allecto Elite Member

;) In this instance, 'weird but quite cool'.

17. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

They look great Amber.....

18. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Great pics. I too will own one some day. lol First I need to buy house though so I can add more tanks. lol Thanks for sharing!

19. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ah yes! The eternal Herper dilema!!!!!!!!
    Where the heck can I put just one more enclosure? :confused:

20. topacelot

topacelot Elite Member

aww...wow...those are great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.