This Disappears When Logged In

R.I.P. Iggy

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by kenman1963, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

:( :( Sad to report that Iggy, our baby Ball Python, passed away thismorning. We have no idea what happened. She was fine yesterday and we noticed last night she was a bit lethargic and laying flat with her head raised (possibly stargazing disease). We just can't beleive how fast this progressed. She was eating on a regular basis and seemed as healthy as can be til last night,,,then in less than 12 hrs she was gone. :( :(

2. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Oh Ken, i'm so sorry!! :( That is tragic news - our thoughts are with you. :(

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Thanks Rachel,,,,unfortunately KJ doesn't know yet,,,,he's working now and so am I,,,mom is home and she just called me to break the bad news. Looks like wer'e having a funeral for a friend tonight. There's a big tree in my backyard that KJ loves to climb so I'm thinking of the burial sight directly under it. This is our first snake death and the sorrow I feel now is such a downer. I hope he's in a better place.

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Ken.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Thanks Uncle Jay !!!!

6. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Ken.. it makes it worse that you don't know what was the cause. Iggy will be over that rainbow bridge with the other herps that have left us.. It's nice that you can have a funeral - it will hopefully help the kids say goodbye and lay Iggy to rest. Such sad news.. Big hugs xx

7. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Awwww, I'm so sorry ken, my thoughts are with you, :(

8. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Thanks Rip

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

((((((((((((KEN and Family)))))))))))
    Hugs to you hun.....
    Time will heal your heart.

10. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Im so sorry to hear that ken.

11. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Hi Ken-

Sorry to hear about your poor snake. As mentioned the worst part is when you have no idea what happened.

Have you considered getting a necropsy done? It can help answer those questions and possibly save other snakes down the road.

Our thoughts are with you and the family.

12. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Sorry for the Loss of Iggy Ken

my best to your family...Lyn

13. cman

cman Elite Member

Oh im so sorry to hear the new my thoughts are with you!!! ya he is in a better place

14. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Thanks to all of you. Dom,,,,I considered it but KJ wanted no part of that, We placed him in a nice decorated box and burried him in the back yard,,,said a prayer and hope better things to come

15. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, Ken! What a horrible shock. :( Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this so sorrowful time.

16. venus

venus Founding Member

:( Ken and family, I am so sorry for the loos of Iggy. Its hard to lose a member of the family but even harder to not know the cause. Ya'll are in my prayers.

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Ken! Thats terrible! I can only imagine how KJ is going to take it.
    My thoughts are with you and yours buddy!

18. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

That's so sad Ken :( And you don't know what caused it? Don't let it discourage you though! You gotta pull through and keep on goin!

19. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

My sympathies

So sorry to hear about Iggy, Ken. I wish you and your family all the best.

It was Iggy's time. He's in a better place but he'll still live on here too, in your hearts and memories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.