This Disappears When Logged In

R.I.P Big Daddy

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Lolita, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Lolita

Lolita Elite Member

The night before last i went to check on my snakes before bed as a i always check on every animal before bed to make sure they're okay i walk down stairs to find that Big Daddy was in an awkward position since he had always greeted me when i walked up to his tank so i immediately opened the lid picked him up to find he was dead i've been crying ever since now only was he my only male and a possible chocolate morph but he was my buddy idk what happened he was in perfect health his humidity and temps were right he never even had so much as a rough shed in my care he always ate (he was over 2,000 grams if that tells you how much of a good eater he was) never so much had a RI or anything he was perfect and beautiful and i havent stopped crying since hopefully he's in heaven now playing with other snakes and having all the rats he could eat i will miss him so much heres a few pictures of him.

2. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

:( i'm so sorry for your loss

3. Lolita

Lolita Elite Member

thanks

4. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss...I know it is never easy to lose a beloved pet, and especially when it happens so unexpectedly.
    Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

5. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I am so sorry for your loss :( my thoughts are with you!

6. Lolita

Lolita Elite Member

thanks everyone for being so supportive i've wracked my brain trying to figure out what happened and just cannot understand why it did he hasn't missed a meal since i got him unless he was in shed i checked his temps 3x a day he had fresh water his breathing was good no mouth rot or mite or anything i feel like i failed him somehow but can't figure out how or why it happened

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Rest In Peace Big Daddy!

So sorry to hear that he passed away, hopefully you can find out what was the cause of his death! Maybe a Necropsy is in order?
    Thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

8. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Sorry for your lose. RIP big daddy.Sometimes we do everything right an for no reason bad things happen. Try not to be to hard on yourself.

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'm so sorry :(

10. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. :(

11. Lolita

Lolita Elite Member

thanks everyone sadly i can't afford a necropsy but i've put every reptile that was kept in the same room with him in quarantine just in case he had something spreadable that i didn't know what it was or something like that but everyone is still acting normal

12. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Sorry for your Loss.