This Disappears When Logged In

Quiet Humidifier!?

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by CentriRitanni, Aug 4, 2012.

1. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

With the way I had to rearrange things to get the new tank not on the soft spot on the floor, the humidifier now has to sit on the hutch of my desk, which is fine, except that it echoes and makes it sound even louder. I've messed with all 3 of the humidifiers I have, and the quietest one is also the crummiest one. I literally have the pump enclosed (mostly) in an old coffee jar with a pillow taped around it. It's still fairly loud.

Any tips or tricks for making a humidifier quieter? Or any particularly quiet humidifiers?

2. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

3. DragonsKeepers

DragonsKeepers Subscribed User Premium Member

I love this one. And it's silent. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00446IPB2/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

4. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Attached Files:

6. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

The "quiet" one I have running right now is a water basin with a Tetra Whisper aquarium pump attached. I also have a Vicks humidifier which made the hutch vibrate (really annoying), and one of these:
    Safety 1st - Soothing Mist Ultrasonic 360 degree Humidifier, Blue - Walmart.com
    It was given to me, and also vibrates, but a lot less than the Vicks. Inside the enclosure it's pretty quiet, but I don't love the idea of making the enclosure vibrate...

7. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

The Crane ultrasonics are all pretty quiet.