This Disappears When Logged In

Questions regarding cross country trip...

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by sprkn1, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprkn1

sprkn1 Active Member

I am temporarily relocating to southern cali, and have to drive from chicago. My question is, how can i make this drive as comfortable for my herps. Im really concerned about my ammie, i know my leopard geckos will be able to handle the trip, as well as my corn. But the environmental needs of the ammie worry that it might not do well on the trip. Should i try and keep it heated and still keep up the humidity. Should i set it up in a rubbermaid complete with perches. Or should i put it in a snake bag and try and secure it in a box? Any help and experiences is appreciated.

Payce, Ramon

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I would secure everything in bags and then put them in those little styrofoam ice chests. Reptiles are shipped all over the world in just this manner. Pick up a few of the disposable handwarmers at at sporting goods store for a heat source. They will heat for several hours. Or if you have a way of reheating them you can fill a plastic soda bottle with heated water as a source of warmth.

3. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Or even as i had mentioned in previous post using a heat sock!

It is a sock filled with rice and you put it in the microwave for 3 mins or so and it will stay warm for hours:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.