This Disappears When Logged In

Question

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by Ace, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Elite Member

I was over at my friends house and we saw a unique spider.

I still have him/her and will try and take pics but...Legs spread out he/she is proably almost quarter sized, He/she is black with med white dots is hairy and has blue fangs, has a web spun all over the jar! :D I live in wichita Kansas if this helps with the id.

I swear he looks like a baby trantula! But I dont see why there would be one on my friends wall? :confused:

I have fed him a moth that my friend and I caught and I will see if he/she ate it tonight when I get home!

2. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Hmm, hard to say. What is the web like? What about the shape of the spider? Those two details will really help narrow it down. Is the spider really hairy, or hairless? Hope to see some pics, it sounds pretty :D

3. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Well.....

:confused: The spider has hair and on its lower body there are really noticable hard looking hairs. I put a cricket in the Jar and he/she attacked it and is still feeding on it! The web really isnt all that web like it is just a bunch or strands from one side to the other that he/she sits on! :D Im not sure what this spider is but he/she is deffinitly a new friend! :D

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Hmm, that one's a jumping spider of some type. Ace's good be a jumper, but if it is, its a huge jumping spider if its nearly quarter sized. Still, it would be really cool if it is a jumper of some species. They're my all-time favorite spiders. They're so intelligent! :D

6. Ace

Ace Elite Member

thats it!

Yeah that looks like him and he/she is a good jumper thats what I was about to post! Thanks so much you guys! :D Skippy (the spider) is definitly a new friend! He/she already ate another cricket! :)

None ever understands why I would keep this spider they are all like "big deal" I am thinking this spider kicks butt and is my friend lol hes staying!

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Glad to help. I knew the spider you were talking abut from its description but didn't know the species. I'm not much of a spider person! I used to see them all the time growing up but haven't seen one in years (probably pesticides)

I get the same response from a lot of folks when they find out my bedroom is full of snakes!

My mother included!

8. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Yes those jumpy things scare me...lol

They stand their ground when you approach them and it creeps me out LOL I sendthe kids to get rid of them...Lyn

9. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I watched a programe last night on spiders, and the jumping spider was there, they look soooo cool, they do arm waving to comunicate with other jumping spiders, it was amazing to watch them, and they had real cute little faces lol, :D i'm hoping the programe will be on again as I missed half of it :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.