This Disappears When Logged In

Question! Really needed help!!

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by WDBILL, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

I walk up to my water dragons cage, and notice Char was upside down in her water!!!! She would of drowned if i didnt get her our of there! i dont understand why she would flip herself in her water...Shes alright physically, shes got a nice green color, and is pleasantly plump (Shes pregnant again, i might add) She has the same behavior since i got her out, and shes climbing on my shoulder as i speak. Can someone give a possible reason? I've already thought of one reason why, She might have had an iche on her back. But thats unreasonable. Anwsers please? (BTW, the other two dragons are fine.)

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Any other symptoms ?? how old is she ?? The same behavior since you got her out,,,meaning she keeps flipping on her back ???

3. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

What i meant from "same behavior" Was she was calm as usual. Shes about 6 years. She just had about 8 mealworms.

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

she ate after you found her in the water ?? If she's calm now I wouldn't worry too much, But I'd keep an eye on her for a few hrs before ya crash for the night

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

6. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Since she's feeling better I'll take this opportunity to say.......

She was learning the backstroke.

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Jay,,,,,,your'e killin me LOL

8. venus

venus Founding Member

How deep is her water in her tank? I know that if they feel stress or cant touch they will flip on to their backs and could possibly die.

9. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

I dont know the exact amount of water in the bowl, but i would guess 2 cups, maybe 1 1/2. Not exact estimate.

10. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

can she stand in it,,,or is it deep enough to go over her shoulders ?

11. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

When its full over her shoulders.Some of it was evaporated. Shes doing fine now, and her companion, Ike, a 5 year old male, really hasnt seemed to care. He's been basking the entire day, and shows no intrest.

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

It is possible she thought the water was deeper than it was and started to panic. I'd keep an eye on her for a few days just in case

13. LizardLady

LizardLady New Member

How far along is she in her pregnancy ?

14. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Are water dragons prone to being eggbound?

15. LizardLady

LizardLady New Member

How far along is she in her pregnancy? she may be caring more eggs this time and if she is a small dragon this will throw her balance off. Also one of the eggs may be deformed, does she look odd shaped, any buldges? You should also have a vet check her out. Hope this helps

16. WDBILL

WDBILL Well-Known Member

No deformaties, she looks like about 3 or 4 weeks pregnant. I'm trying to arrange a vet visit, but i dont have much time nor the money. But i'll find a way to get her to a vet, even if i have to whine to my mom for the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.