This Disappears When Logged In

Question on Tank Sizes

Discussion in 'Enclosures' started by missabrat, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I have a vision cage that is 24" wide 22" deep 14" high, that is not currently being used, I am thinking now that Mamba my Cali Kingsnake is getting bigger I will mover her out of the exoterra 12x12x18 tank that I have used since I got her when she was 2mths old, she is now 5 mths and growing rapidly.
    Question....will the vision cage be big enough for her forever home? or should I get something bigger?
    I have a small pac-man frog, smaller than a quarter. Would he do fine in the exoterra?

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Gee, I'm thinking that you are going to need a leo hatchling in 2 months or so ;):cool:

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

LOL already have 1 leo, what could adding another hurt hehehe

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

The pacman will do OK in the exoterra for a while, but will eventually need an upgrade to at least a 15 gallon.

5. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Thank you schlegelbagel. That's what I thought, he is just a bitty thing yet :)

6. schlegelbagel

Yeah, when they are babies, that small size is just dandy. :)

7. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

ok so I got tanks switched around and both animals in their new homes, hopefully happily :) here are some pics,
    they are self explanitory, Mamba being a lavender albino desert kingsnake and Engleburt Humperdink is the Pac-man frog
    Should I remove some of the plastic plants from Engleburts cage? I wanted him to feel secure, as up until now he has only had a few leaves and a small amount of spagnum moss to hide in.
    Mamba seems to be enjoying her new found space, especially the jungle vine I swear she thinks she's a tree boa LOL this is her first time with aspen, up until now she has been on papertowel, I still might take her out for feedings and put her in a box.

Attached Files:

• 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      30.6 KB
      Views:
    • 099.jpg
      099.jpg
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • 107.jpg
      107.jpg
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
    • 109.jpg
      109.jpg
      File size:
      22.2 KB
      Views:
    • 100.jpg
      100.jpg
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
  8. schlegelbagel

No sphagnum moss for froggies! It's a choking hazard. The plastic plants are just fine. Queso loves hiding under bits of pothos. Does your froggie not have coco-husk to bury in? Give him just enough so he can get himself mostly buried. You will find he thanks you for that. :)

9. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

You may want to eventually go slightly larger for the snake, but honestly, that's a pretty good enclosure size as is. I just wouldn't go smaller than that.

My milk is due for an upgrade here soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.