This Disappears When Logged In

Question About Gtp's

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by andys3ballpythons, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm hyperventilating!!! WOW!

There was a breeder at our local show (this was back before my hubby gave me permission to allow a snake in the house :((() and he was liquidating his snakes. There was a Green Tree Python (looked like Dayak) - including this gorgeous tank...... my son had to PULL me from his table (about 15 times) :rolleyes:.

I'll keep researching. Once I get my porch finished off for my reptile room, maybe I'll be able to add one of those beauties to my collection.

And your "WALL" is amazing as well. It's beautiful and looks relatively easy to maintain.

Thanks for sharing - and answering my questions :x

2. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

i think youtube-ing animals you are interested in is a good way to see what they are like. and i have seen some videos of very very calm gtps, mostly sorongs i think. no personal experience though. they are gorgeous snakes, i understand the pull, haha

3. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

OH WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm with frognut there, you have amazing snakes. "I don't need one right now, I don't have the space for one right now, okay well maybe if I moved this... and then shuffled that around, okay I want one, and I can get him later, I NEED ONE RIGHT NOW!!!!"
    ;)

4. Frognut

>:) Pssst..... check out the thread where the guy is building a loft bed with a big enclosure for his Tegu under the bed! How cool is THAT?!

Ohhhh, the possibilities... muhahahahahaha >:)

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Aw heck! Who needs a bed anyways!

Just glue a big peice of velcro onto the wall and have everyone wear fuzzy jammies!
    Come bedtime you just throw yourself against the wall and hang there!

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

My friend has one that is 20 years old, and still as nasty as can be!

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sure there is someone is the world that has attached himself to the wall with velcro, too funny!

8. Frognut

*SNORT* Hic-up! (Grabbing the mop) Now where the HECK was the drink snorting warning on THAT one?? Do you have ANY idea how to get milk out of a laptop?!

***just think of the slumber parties!**** ROFLMBO!!!

I'll never gettttttttttt tttttttttttthat visual outttttt of my mind!

****, I ttttttttttttthink my letttttter T is sttttttttuck...............

9. rsixer

rsixer New Member

I think your willingness to handle the snake goes hand in hand with your acceptance to be possibly bit, there are no guarantees no matter how calm the animal. I do see alot of vids of people handing their GTP's though. I just got my first Green tree, and yes Ive already been bit. It did hurt some, but was more startling than it was painful. They are quick!

10. Frognut

Yes, the quote I hear often on here is that snake owners come in two kinds: 1. Those who have been bit or 2. Those that will be bit by their snake :eek: I'm trying to stay in category #1 for as long as possible....

Start another Thread with pics of your GTP (please) -- we'd love to see it. We are kind of nuts for pictures around here.... (or is it, we are just kind of nuts :rolleyes:).

11. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Diana is Stunning! I would Love to have one of these guys some day! And some poison dart frogs! :) Your snakes are very beautiful and your enclosures look great! I am jealous!