This Disappears When Logged In

Question About Dubia Roach Foods

Discussion in 'Feeders' started by TigerIvy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Has anyone given their dubia catus pears (prickly pear type like turtles eat - I have both red and green ones) or well washed cactus pads? My dragons eat them so I would assume they are safe...but just curious if anyone has ever done it before?

2. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

Never tried them but I'm sure they would be fine.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I think mine ended up with a few pieces that were left from a sample I got. At least thats where all the other veggie leftovers go. Cant imagine it would hurt anything.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

You can try it. For some reason mine won't eat normal pears.

5. jarich

jarich Elite Member

They are a great source of vitamin C from what I know. I havent really researched them but a cursory search shows they have a pretty great Ca:p ratio as well (2:1).

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I feed the cactus scraps (pads and pears) to the roaches and they love them. Aloe vera they dont like as much it seems but it gets eaten eventually. Pumpkin is also a huge hit with them.

7. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Thank you! I did try the pads and pears and they were a hit! The turtles love the pears too and the dragons love the pads so its a win win for all!

8. NorCal55

NorCal55 Member

My Dubia and Hissers eat everything! I make a chow and feed yams and oranges. My daughter is a vegetarian so they get lots of veggies scraps as well :)