This Disappears When Logged In

Qs About Snake's Psychology

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by angrykitten, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You had me worried for a minute!! ;) Now this excellent threads gone completely off course!! Sorry angrykitten, it was a great discussion! :)

2. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

All animals have emotions! Us humans are just more able to articulate them and talk about them.
    I have met people who seem to be able to feel no more than an attatchment. They stick around people who will provide for them and then curse them when the providing is taken away!

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I hear that one all the time. I then reply by asking "Are you a vegetable? A Couch Potato perhaps?"

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Not to mention primates that carry their dead offspring around for weeks.... they aren't saving it to eat for later! they are mourning. Same way elephants mourn their dead, and return to their graves on their migratory routes every single time.

5. Gracelikerain18

Gracelikerain18 Elite Member

Good stuff, Dragoness! Baboons will also do similar things. If their offspring dies they will steal another baboons offspring, and often times either raise it as their own, or kill it. I saw a story on the Discovery Channel where a baboon went into a village and took an infant then killed it. It was sad!!!

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I don`t know about a couch potato Dragoness, more like a peanut, (well, a nut, anyway!!) :D

7. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Elephants are amazing, they even think elephants experience post traumatic stress syndrome.

I think dogs and cats can love, as well as other animals... I don't know if our cat lucy loves us but rather views us as his personal servants. But if we are sick he won't leave our side until we feel better. (yes having a cat purr and rub your leg when you throw up is a fun experience, and a 20 lb cat jumping on your stomach when you have a stomach ache is fun too)

My cow i'm pretty sure loves me, and i know my sheep did. My goat seemed to just want food and scratches.

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You almost have your own private zoo, Kendalle! (Goats are all the same, just want food and scratches, as you say, they don`t really love you, my goat was exactly the same!)

9. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

My goat died on christmas morning after she broke out of her pen and ate corn until she died. :( she died doing what she loved best though!

So goats can feel love, they love food!!!

10. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

That`sooo sad, but I`m not sure a good meal`s worth dying for? .....Then again, I suppose if you`re really, but really hungry! :D

11. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

A good meal is worth dying for if you love food to death!

12. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I think that's all cats. We humans exist to fill the food bowl and scoop the litter pan, and be warm-blooded furniture:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.