This Disappears When Logged In

Q shedding!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Hey, what a day! Just as I was sitting down to eat a late lunch/early dinner: Q started to shed! It's the first time I've watched an entire shed on such a long snake!
    Boy it looked tough! She had a hard time getting it started and I thought it was going to be a terrible ity-bity shed, but then most of it came off in 3 or 4 longer pieces.
    The photo quality isn't great because I stopped using the florescent lights and only use the spot now. I think the florescents were making the snakes irritable during the day causing them to spend more of the time under the hides... I don't think I would have been able to watch all this if they had been on!
    You can see her trying to get the skin off her face by rubbing against the side of the pool in the first pic...

Attached Files:

2. BlackJack

Here she is after all the work, showing off and then taking a 30+ minute drink!!

Attached Files:

3. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

WOW! That's so cool! I would've been dropping crumbs all over the place just so I didn't miss one minute of that shed! By the way...what was for lunch/supper?

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Great pics Andrea, Q is gorgeous, love how shiney she looks now :)

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

i love when snakes shed and i get a chance to watch. they look all shiney and new. :)

6. BlackJack

Thanks everyone! Jem: I had yoghurt chicken with noodles and broccoli for lunch/dinner (I just let it get cold and re-heated it after the shed... I didn't want to miss anything either!) :D
    Q is very pretty now, but I really hope she starts gaining some weight. I can't stand how thin she looks!
    Watching the shed was cool, but it looked like such hard work! I wanted to do something to help her, but the only thing I did was immediately remove the big dump she took at the beginning so that she didn't have to crawl through it or drag the skin through it! She kind of gave me a grateful look for that! ;)

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You just HAVE to keep dangling that carrot in front of me don't you Andrea! ;) Shes is gorgeous even if she is a bit thin yet.
    But her mom will soon fix that ! :D

8. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Great pics Andrea, she really is beautiful. Our pair are gorgeous, but they seem to get darker with each shed, grrrr :D I must post updated pics of them really, I bet our stud male would love your girlies :p It's brilliant watching them shed, especially when the end result is as stunning as that! :)

9. BlackJack

Oh I like the darker ones a lot, Rachel... post pics of your pair when you can: I'd love to see them.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.