This Disappears When Logged In

Q and Talyn meet!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

This morning I decided to introduce Talyn and Q for a short time -- just out of curiosity.
    Q is still "in quarantine" but after the stool results came out OK and there is absolutely no sign of mites or other problems, I thought I'd risk a quick meeting.
    They didn't seem too interested in eachother. Talyn seemed to stay mostly up on the rim of the box (so she didn't crush him?) But she nosed him a bit and their tongues were flicking.
    I'm relieved that it went so well. Here are two pics. The quality isn't brilliant, but you can really see how much darker she is on some of the pics and how much bigger she is on some of the others!

Attached Files:

2. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Great news, I know you have been itching to try them together :D glad it went well...

great pictures too :)

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Wow, they are going to make some beautiful babies someday!!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Won't they though!
    Andrea can pass them all out as Christmas presents to the Herpcenter team! :D :D :D

5. BlackJack

LOL I might have to if I can't sell them all Merlin!! :D
    I don't have definite breeding plans next season... I guess it'll depend on how well Talyn's wound heals up and if I can get some more weight on Q.
    (Oh, AND my finances at the time!! :eek: )

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I'll take a baby! Those will be the best looking babies I've seen so far! :D
    Don't worry Q will fatten up in no time with all the lovin' he's getting from yoiu (and Talyn ;) lol)
    I can even tell them apart by their patterns! :)

7. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Those are amazing BRB's you have!!!

8. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Great looking snakes. They are soo beautiful.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

they're beautiful. i see what you mean with Talyn being darker but they're both great looking. i'm sure Q will put on lots of weight. my favorite pic is the last one where they're just hanging out. adorable. :D

10. BlackJack

Thanks, everyone. They really do make a beautiful couple, don't they? Especially since their coloration and markings are different.
    I'm relieved the meeting went so well... Talyn can be soo moody sometimes (especially if I take her out in the mornings!) Q seems really mellow in general: a bit nervous/ticklish. He really doesn't like having his tail touched!
    JemScout, I'll remember that! If I breed Talyn sometime in the next 2 seasons and I can't find homes for the babies, I'll be in touch!

11. Merlin

OOOOOOOOH! OOOOOOOOOH! OOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too! Me too!
    Jumping up and down and waving hand!
    :D

12. BlackJack

I won't forget you either Merlin!! :D
    I've read that she could have between 1 and 35!!! babies, and although it'll probably be somewhere in the middle, I'll have to be prepared for anything. And I definitely can't keep them all! So I hope y'all aren't kidding.
    I'm not sure how easy it is to ship herps internationally or if I have to take them as carry on and fly over myself; but one way or another Talyn and Q's future babies will get to good homes!
    She goes to the vet to get her stitches out on the 9th, so I'll ask then when it might be safe to breed her.
    Check out my post Night Rainbow to drool a bit more over Talyn! She was just illuminated tonight! :)

13. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Aww they are looking just great together Andrea! A very handsome couple indeed :)

Talyn is bigger, but that's not such a problem - males don't need to be as big as females to breed, so I suggest you keep them separate for a few more months, feed him up a bit more and make sure Talyn's well again, and then have them make lots of babies, and swap one for one of ours next year, so we have another unrelated to breed with :)

14. Bill Yager

Bill Yager Active Member

Hi BlackJack,

Hey you have to fantastic BRB's there, best of luck in their relationship. A few months back i was looking at a couple of baby BRBs. They were beautiful snakes, almost bought one but they wanted too much for them. But in the future I see a Rainbow on the horrizon :)

Thanks for the pics...

15. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

They look great together Andrea,,,and I love the last pic,,,,a little snakey lick !!!

16. BlackJack

That's a fantastic idea, Rachel!! I'll be in touch when the babies come!!! :D

17. Merlin

And the advantage is you will KNOW what type of health background THAT snake comes from! ;)

18. BlackJack

SOOOOoooooo right there, Merlin!
    In fact, although the breeding plans are still quite a time off, I find myself feeling more and more picky about who might get the babies!!
    I'm planning on starting my babies out "right": F/T rat pinkies from their first meal... no later conversions from live to F/K to F/T or conversions from mice to rats.
    Unfortunately, most pet stores here feed live out of convenience, risking bites and internal parasites. And I think a lot of buyers feed live just for the thrill of watching "the kill" or just ignorance, thinking snakes only eat live.
    I'm going to make up a care-sheet booklet to hand out with every baby too!

BIG plans......... :)

19. Merlin

Andrea in all fairness to breeders, some babies have to be started out on live to get them to start feeding.

20. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

If only i could convince my mom that let me have a snake...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.