This Disappears When Logged In

Pyxie and Red Eye Tree Frogs for Adoption

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by schlegelbagel, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Hello all. The growing amount of baby stuff, and the lessening of time and money has brought me to the conclusion that some of my frogs must get re-homed.

I'm adopting out my big male Pyxie Henry. He'll come with his enclosure. Its a 40 gallon breeder with thermostat, lights, and water pan. He comes with a bunch of frozen mice since I just bought a bag of 50 and my two Pacmans will take forever to eat all those. He is currently napping for the winter. I'm asking a re-homing fee of $100 for him and the setup.

I'm also adopting out my three male Red eyed tree frogs. Again, to a good home, but unlike my Pyxie, they are NOT coming with the enclosure, unless you want to buy that from me at a steep price. Its a great enclosure, thermostat, CHE, lights, timer, live plants custom back ground... the works. Its a 70 gallon, the kind with the holes cut in the side of the glass. If you want that, I'm thinking $400. If you don't want it but want the frogs, I'm going to keep it for use at a later date. I'm asking a rehoming fee for the frogs of $10 each if you don't get the tank, if you get the tank, no fee.

Mostly I want to be sure they are going to a good home, where someone will take great care of them. I don't want to ship them so whomever it is must live within a few hours drive of Baltimore, Maryland. I will drive them out to you. Adopt one or all.

Thanks so much everyone. Motherhood has been great to me. My daughter is now 4 months old!

Pyxie. This is the most recent photo I have of him. He's bigger now I"m sure. I think he's around 2.5 lbs and about a year and a half old.
    DSCN0751.jpg

Tank, branch and plant are no longer in it.
    NewHome.jpg

Here is a link to the RETF tank construction. The plants are much more grown in now.
    70GallonRETFConstruction pictures by schlegelbagel - Photobucket

10April_2.jpg

Feel free to contact me via PM or answer in this thread, I'll be checking it.

Thanks!

Liz and Emily
    DSCN0976.jpg

Attached Files:

2. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

Very cool frogs! Hopefully they go to a good home soon!

3. schlegelbagel

The Pyxie has been adopted. He's going to be an educational frog with a guy up in Harrisburg PA. Let me say, this guy was as big and burly as Henry! He got a good home.

4. avoidtheboyd

avoidtheboyd Elite Member

Good! no bites on the tree frogs though?

5. schlegelbagel

a few bites, but no one that I would consider adopting them to.... "no, you can't house them with your crested gecko"

6. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

I hope they all get good homes soon!! Red eye tree frogs are so beautiful..

7. brianandluck

brianandluck New Member

Hi I'm really sorry in late I just saw this post to you have any frogs you still want to adopt out or any tanks?

8. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

I doubt that, since this thread is over 3 years old...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.