This Disappears When Logged In

Python Kills Two Children in Canada

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jarich, Aug 5, 2013.

1. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Hence why it's so important the truth behind the story does come out. I find it highly suspect that any of the obvious signs of a constrictor-related death (bites, bodily trauma, etc.) have not been revealed if they exist. Since the media and general public want to blame the snake, if these signs were there, they would've likely been announced early on. It seems they're just grasping at straws, which is very unfortunate because yes, it paints ALL snake owners in a bad light. I also fear that even if it is revealed they died from something not snake related, that those involved will keep this information to themselves because it's easier to blame the snake in order to provide closure than, say, the owner, or freak accident, or whatever the true cause may be. Again though...this doesn't do anyone any favors. It supports the inaccurate fears of the general public, and makes it harder for snake keepers to take pride in their hobby.

2. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

sounds highly suspicious to me. I don't believe it at all. My thoughts.. for whatever it is worth.... Why did it pick this one night to break out of its cage, crawl up the ductwork to just "happen" to crash thru the ceiling onto these kids.
    This Snake had no reason to view children as a food source. If he simply went to them as a source of heat I can see that.. If he was scared I can understand that. If he hadn't been fed or was shedding, had eye caps and freaked when one of them moved... I can sorta understand that... But I do not get that he constricted them BOTH, killing them .... Don't get me wrong that's a lot of constrictive force that deffinately could cause death, I understand that, but its just too hinky to me. wayyyy too hinky.

3. Poison

Poison Elite Member

4. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Great interview by Jay Brewer. Thanks for linking us poison.

Also: not to play down the tragedy of these kid's death, but I feel really bad for Jay. It is so frustrating having someone completely misrepresent you and then broadcast that. Horrible. CNN is a joke, but honestly the alternative news sources are not much better.

5. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Thanks for the links Poison.

I too feel bad for Jay. Seriously I'm still having a difficult time with this and even compounded more so after listening to his interview. If the snake did try to eat one of the kids wouldn't there be "snake slobber" over him as well as bite marks? I don't mean to be gross, but that's what it is.

The kids were found in a normal sleeping position... I assume flat on their flats?? Why did someone not hear the roof collapse especially one of the two boys? Why did one of the boys not wake up when the snake brushed up against him? I asked these questions and my husband simply says "Would our child wake up?" Truthfully, probably not, because our child sleeps like the dead. Literally. Perhaps these boys were already dead when the snake crashed through the ceiling. Perhaps.... I just won't go "there"...

6. Dangermouse

Dangermouse Member

Jay pretty much summed up my issues with this. An autopsy shouldn't even be necessary to confirm 2 small children being constricted on by a 100 lb snake. They'd be mangled messes, would be beyond obvious.

7. Poison

Poison Elite Member

I just wanna point out that Jay did not say where he heard the info from (or did he?). How exactly does he know how the kids were found?

8. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Another article about this tragedy. I too would like to know how a snake can "kill" one child without waking the other.. "kill" the other child.. then consume neither. Assuming smallest boy would probably be small enough for a 14 foot rock python to consume?? If anything bit me in the middle of the night I'd wake up screaming... or at least wake up.

I just hope the public is told the entire truth when the results are available.

9. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

I have read so much on this and it is just so sad. It just seems like a child being bitten and constricted would make at least enough commotion to wake the other child. I guess a lot of scenarios could have taken place. Perhaps the other child did wake and tried ripping on the snake and it let go of the child and attacked the second child. A 14 ft snake is powerful and might be able to hold one child quite tightly while taking a hold of the other that interfered with his meal. But I just think a snake bite of that size would be obvious and autopsy not needed. But then the parents could have asked for one or law enforcement perhaps wanted to rule out foul play that was being covered with a snake bite?

I don't think we will ever know the 100% truth because no one was there to witness it. Has someone witnessed it we would even be discussing a case where a snake was able to kill 2 children.

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Any time a questionable death occurs an autopsy is done by the coroners office. Until that is preformed we are all just second guessing.

11. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

12. Poison

Poison Elite Member

I saw that. But it has not been on the news out here.

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

While its possible that it may be true,...I don't have a lot of faith in the Fox Network "news"
    They tend to go for sensationalism, whether the facts bear it out or not.

14. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

So now the two kids deaths are being investigated as a possible murder and the police don't believe the snake "strangled" the boys to death.

15. Ieasa

Ieasa Elite Member

I am so confused.

16. mshrmheadcharge

Its just the latest update that I read!

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

18. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

19. mshrmheadcharge

Too many opinions not enough autopsy

20. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

We're reptile hobbyists. A very opinionated group we are. IMO ;)