This Disappears When Logged In

Proud New Snake Owner. Meet Our New JCP.

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by TrboH22, Oct 22, 2013.

1. TrboH22

TrboH22 New Member

Hello everyone! Proud new owner of a 2 month old Jungle. She's been great, she was a little nippy, but is really turning a corner at the moment, and is adjusting well. Xena Warrior Princess has been bestowed upon her for a name. We've had her for 3 weeks now and she's in a 10 gallon aquarium for the time being. We do have a new zoomed 18x18x24 to put her in hopefully in a couple weeks. I think she should be fine in there for some time while I work on building something more to my liking.
    She is feeding on frozen thaw right now and within 10-15 seconds of me offering it she wraps up and it's gone. I do have some hoppers as well but haven't tried them yet. Last night after feeding I went to put her back in her cage from her feeding bin, and she immediately struck at me. I'm just curious if there is a way to tell if she could have used another fuzzy, or if she's ok with just one every 7 days...any help would be appreciated! When can I possibly start trying pinkie or fuzzy rats?

Attached Files:

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Congrats and welcome :) She looks like she can take rat pinks now. It should be 1-1.5x the widest part of her body. The after food bite is the reason I feed my snakes in their tanks. Some snakes have such high food responses when they are in feeding mode they go crazy! The if you feed in the tank your snake will always think your food is a myth.

3. TrboH22

TrboH22 New Member

Were using aspen bedding, so I much prefer her in a sterolite for feeding. Ive just been using a hook to move her from that to her actual cage after. Haven't used the hook really other than that. As long as I stroke her side a bit before I pick her up she is generally ok with hands only.

4. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Congrats on the new addition!! Our five month old JCP likes to hang upside down from his branch to eat his meal! We feed him in his enclosure, but we have it lined with paper.