This Disappears When Logged In

Propping Up and Securing Branches

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by Naomi, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Naomi

Naomi Well-Known Member

How do you guys do it?

For my new cwd i have 2 fairly long branches a 3 inches thick or so, and then a very thick one, and also a wooden trellis to hang plants on and let them climb on it. I also have a few more platforms/shelves for them to sit on and jump onto, how can i attach them?

I was just wondering how people secure their branches, i thought about wood sealent to stick the trellis to the back wall of the viv since that will be okay there forever. Could i do this with the platforms/shelves, too? i'm a little scared to do this with the branches and stuff in case they need to be taken out for cleaning.

I've seen people have completely vertical logs in their vivs, i'd be scared that they could fall off and damage the viv or even the dragon.

For the diagonally placed sticks, i suppose they could just be propped up against the wall but i dont like the idea of my dragon sitting on it and it slipping down haha.

I dont really want to do any hammering, nailing or drilling because in all honesty im no good at diy, and i'l probably break the viv.

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

In zip-ties we trust...

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I agree, zip ties work great. You can put one around the log and then slide another through it to fasten to the trellis.
    It enable you to be able to move them around or remove if need be.
    Still, I do prefer screwing and fastening for larger logs.

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

The little guy I got yesterday I have a few pieces of bamboo in there, I poked them into the substrait and leaned them in the corners or on each other.
    The branches that are strait up and down are on a base like a cat scratching post.

5. Naomi

Naomi Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!! Got plenty of them! Never thought about using them :)!

Sealant will defiantly be strong enough to hold the trellis onto the back wall then? :)

6. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yes sealant will work, but you do have to let if cure for 48 hours before any animal can live in it. You also have to make sure that it is Not the kind that is mildew/mold resistant. That kind emits a toxic chemical to prevent mold/mildew which is harmful to animals.