This Disappears When Logged In

Proportional Thermostats?

Discussion in 'Product Questions' started by TJOHNSON722, Mar 25, 2012.

1. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Background: I am currently in the beginning process of building a very large reptile room (think about 600-700 sq ft). The idea is to have all the same species of snakes in stackable vision cages that we will be custom building. I plan on having the room temperature controlled to a degree (maybe keep it roughly at 75-80 degree overall temperature in the entire room). However, I am wanting to set up thermostats for the racks/cages. I have done research on thermostats. What I am wanting is to have for example a proportional thermostat fine tuning all of the ball python cages.

The question is do any of you recommend a type of thermostat for this? I have been looking at the Helix DBS 1000 or the Herpstat however I am definately open to suggestions. I am looking for something reliable enough that I dont have to worry to death about my babies. Also, has anyone had any bad experiences with flexwatt heat tape? I have heard if your not careful, it can possibly start a fire?

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

We use Herpstat Pro products and are VERY VERY happy with the quality of the equipment and with the service provided. I can't say anything about Helix, but Herpstats are great! :)

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I also use the Herpstats for several of my tanks and for my racks. I have yet to have an issue with them.

4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I trust you guys more than I would YouTube or just any old online reviews. I'll go with those ill have to read up on them a little bit more. It really doesn't give much product info on the website.

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You can download the manuals that come with the herpstat here: Spyder Robotics

6. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Awesome, thank you Rich. That helps a lot.

7. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Another Herpstat fan here. I have always used the "base" model and never had a problem.

8. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I just read the manuals and dug around on website. I absolutely love that it controls lighting too. I am completely sold! Will definately be ordering a few in the next week.