This Disappears When Logged In

Prepairing Tree Branches Collected from the Yard

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by LizardCrazyCelt, Feb 29, 2012.

1. LizardCrazyCelt

LizardCrazyCelt Elite Member

Getting things together to prepare for my Knight anoles adult cage, even though he is still ity bity. Since everyone in my neighborhood has started trimming their trees, I went out and collected a bunch of thick limbs so I would have them ready went it is time for them to go in the new cage. Now what should I do to make sure they are clean and safe for use?

Also, as a side, I would like to put a climbing plant on the back wall of the enclosure, what plants would be affordable and safe to use?

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

As to cleaning branches, you can do it 2 ways. If they fit in your oven, bake them at a low temp (~250) for 30-60 minutes.

If they don't fit in your oven, give them a decent scrubbing with a solution of bleach and water. If you have the means, soak them in warm bleach-water.

Pothos and philodendron are great, affordable vines that do very well in terrariums. They can be trained up branches, bark, and other terrarium decorations, and also provide a broad flat surface for water droplets to b e licked up from. They work great for arboreal lizards.