This Disappears When Logged In

Pregnancy Pics

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by mshrmheadcharge, Feb 16, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Good luck with everything Sav!
    You're contracting and dilated halfway and they think they can wait till the 19th of March?! WOW!
    I agree that the longer you can keep her inside the better -- as long as all the "wiring and plumbing" are functioning well between you and baby.
    I look forward to seeing pics of little Aurora! :)

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The problem is I'm not feeling the contractions :-"
    I don't know if she is going to wait until March 19, but if she does she will only be 5 days early, which is nothing!
    I can't wait to meet her! I will be posting lots of pics :)

3. BlackJack

Is that a problem? (Sounds more like a blessing!) ;)
    Hang in there (literally) Aurora... just a few more weeks!

4. mshrmheadcharge

It's only a problem because I have to have the c-section and probable blood tx. Otherwise, I consider myself very lucky!

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Don't worry, they don't show you the epidural needle. My husband looked at it though. I won't tell you about it.

6. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

They don't let you see the needle to make sure you don't tense up for it (I wanted to watch because I think it's cool). Although they didn't let hubby hold my hand because they were afraid he'd pass out and hit his head (which has apparently happened before). Honestly though, the contractions were so bad by the time they were willing to give me the unmentionable e-word (you have to be dilated a certain amount (clearly not a problem for you)) that I didn't even feel what the anesthesiologist was doing back there.

7. mshrmheadcharge

*quivers* Ohhhhmy goodness I'm usually fine with needles, but this is like the mother of all needles! Nick wants to watch, he's going to have to go where I can't see his face because I will yell at him if he indicates he's even the least bit freaked out. I have to admit I will be at the hosp at 6am then the delivery will be at 8, so I will probably be asleep for the most part, plus not eating will make me tired too. I sleep like I'm dead so as long as I'm half asleep I'll be fine...
    THE MOTHER OF ALL NEEDLES!

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

quote from the Anesthesiologist to my husband:
    Don't watch, I lose too many husbands that way.

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I didn't even feel the needle, like Jenn said the pain from the contractions will take your mind off of the needle. After that it was heaven.

10. mshrmheadcharge

Blah, on my way to the hosp haha she's coming....

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Good luck to the both of you!

12. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

Omg omg omg omg! Good luck, best wishes, hugs, and positive thoughts.

13. mld

OMG, a birthday birthday! Best of luck, don't worry, you'll do fine
    And keep us posted when you can.
    Does the hospital have wi fi ? joking

14. hennisntacanibal

Whaaaaaaat?!?!?!?! Yay!!!!

15. BlackJack

All the best, Sav!!! This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exciting!! :)

16. mshrmheadcharge

Blah, got home early this morning...the Dr on call stopped my contractions last night...I guess he was unable to reach my Dr until 2 hours after he administered the steroids. I have to go in and be fitted for this thing they are going to put inside my uterus to keep the pressure off of my cervix for the next month(technically 23 days) or else this is going to keep happening.
    I guess this Dr got spooked when he read my chart, realized I was high risk then couldn't get in touch with my Obgyn.

17. BlackJack

Whew! What a rollercoaster ride!
    Good luck with everything! Hang in there Aurora! :)

18. mld

Your Obgyn should give you his/her phone number!
    Hang in there!

Attached Files:

19. mshrmheadcharge

Your'e telling me...Aurora was one angry baby last night...she does not seem to enjoy the steroids they use to stop the contractions, her little HR speeds up and she goes crazy with the kicking, like a little rabbit. Or rock em sock em robots. I am giving her (and myself) a little treat for breakfast, chocolate milkshake with protein powder.

20. hennisntacanibal

Geez, that is ridiculous! Stay off your feet and hopefully everything will work out okay.