This Disappears When Logged In

Pregnancy Pics

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by mshrmheadcharge, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Now thats a baby belly!

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

This was me at 39 1/2 weeks. She came out just a few days later. Size of a house I tell you. She was 8 lbs, 10 ounces. I have a photo that my shirt is pulled up (I'll spare you that one) where I look even bigger.

The preeclampsia made me go from 160 to 188 in the matter of a month. It was all water weight. I peed for days and days on end. I dropped 35 lbs in 4 days. It was crazy.

Liz39Weeks_99_1.jpg

Attached Files:

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I love baby bump pictures!

4. mshrmheadcharge

Liz- did they deliver you early? Thats crazy, I know they were worried about preeclampsia when they admitted me to the hosp, they kept asking me if I normally have high blood pressure, thankfully it was just the stress raising my blood pressure...

Haha, I originally typed "b p" and it turned it to ball python!

5. schlegelbagel

They delivered me only a few days early, mostly because i was so flipping uncomfortable. I was on bed rest. When I was laying down, my B P stayed where it needed to be therefore they wouldn't justify taking her out early. I'm glad they didn't. I have been reading lots of articles about the relationship of early births with ADHD and ADD. We have been focusing so much on the lungs developing, no one has really said WHOA, what about the brain!

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'd post a pic of my wife and her pregnancy belly but that might be a bad idea if she found out.

7. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Ditto, but more because of her haircut, she REALLY hates that haircut...

8. mshrmheadcharge

Hahahaa...beware the angry wife! You guys made the right decision!
    Liz- I'm worried about her little brain more then her lungs! I have dr appts 2x a week until she comes and now have a midwife to help out after the c-section but my Dr said she's not going to take her out until I go into labor...unfortunately they cannot decide when my due date is- March 24 or April 6...I guess we will find out :D

9. schlegelbagel

i'd say, as long as you can keep here in there, DO IT. The longer they cook the better. Is there a reason they are doing a c-section instead of natural? We tried for natural, but it turns out my birth canal is shaped funny, and my body wasn't having it. I could tell you all about the horrors of induction, but I'll spare you.

10. mshrmheadcharge

Previous surgery on my cervix and uterus and the scar is at risk of tearing

11. schlegelbagel

Yeah, that's a good reason for a c-section! Good luck with anything. If you need any pregnancy sympathy, I'm all there. I hated being pregnant from 20 weeks on. Before then, i kept asking my dr. if he was sure I was pregnant. I didn't feel any different.

12. mshrmheadcharge

I have a midwife now but I think that just frustrates me even more...I feel terrible for Nick, this has to be stressing him out...once Aurora is here it will all be worth it though, I can't wait to meet her cute butt.
    The things we do for love!
    Thanks for the support Liz! It's definitely appreciated :D

13. schlegelbagel

Bleh, I don't know if i could have handled a midwife. I feel like they are there if you are going natural, otherwise they just conflict with your doctor.

14. mshrmheadcharge

Yes, she irritates me to no end...I realize I'm dilated almost halfway but does she really need to poke my cervix every time she comes? but if I don't let her come to my house twice a week then my dr wants me to come to her office twice a week...she's helpful in some ways though, today she is bringing me a liquid iron and vit c compound which I really need. She's also helping me lower my calcium(it's super high and affecting my iron absorption)...I don't know maybe I'm just being preg and grumpy...what a surprise

15. schlegelbagel

I would have paid to have someone come to me twice a week, instead of going for a bazillion tests just raising my bloodpressure. I don't know why they didn't just let me rent a blood pressure monitor. I stood up, my pressure went through the roof, so OF COURSE by the time I got to my 3RD appointment for the day I was at stroke level. Irritating to no end.

I guess what you should as, is if you were at the doctors, would he be poking your cervix just as much? If the answer is yes, then I guess it's as good as it's going to get.

16. mshrmheadcharge

I actually had to go back into the hospital, my cervix dilated another cm! I am now scheduled for a c-section on March 19, if I can make it that far. I am contracting now, but it's only 2 an hour and there is really no pattern to them.
    I can't believe they didn't send someone out to you, I am paying an extra $200 a week for this woman to come out but it's worth it. My blood pressure goes up just thinking about going to 3 dr appts in a day!

17. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I've always had incredibly low blood pressure, and it dropped even more when I was pregnant. I think even when I was in full labor with massive contractions every five minutes before the epidural I never went over 120/80. Of course the flip-side to that is when I was in recovery and the CNA came to take my vitals, she couldn't get a read because it was so low, and when she finally did, I was at 80/35. I felt fine, but apparently she thought I was about to die. :)

It's crazy, all the pain, nausea, heartburn, the having to pee every five minutes, the cravings, gaining ridiculous amounts of weight, the contractions, the probings and the total loss of dignity are all completely worth it the very second you see your baby.

18. mshrmheadcharge

Please do not say the word Epidural!!

19. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Okay. How does "happy medicine to make all the scary pain go away" sound?

:)

20. mshrmheadcharge

Kill me now! This is the only thing I'm dreading, the spinal! Ahhh I'm gonna hide under the hospital bed when they pull that needle out...it's not gonna be pretty