This Disappears When Logged In

Prayers needed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dee, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Elite Member

Well, I finally have an update.

Aunt Rosemary is slowly recovering from a massive infection of the site of her surgery. She is still in intensive care, but is responding to treatment, thank God.

Cory's Mom is not good. She was originally in a drug-induced coma to keep her immobilized and out of pain, but they have discovered that she is now unresponsive and in a full-fledged coma. The worst part is, they are still unable to find a reason for it -- there is nothing, no injury, no bleeding, NOTHING showing on the CAT scans. The doctors put in a trache today for the respirator, and also placed a shunt to help drain the fluid on her brain. Now we get to play the waiting game again; there's another scan scheduled for tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the support, guys. Please, please keep them in your prayers.

2. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

I'm sorry to hear that the prognosis is not what we hoped to be hearing. We are still here for you and will continue with our hopes and prayers.:(

3. Dee

Dee Elite Member

AMAZING update!!!

SHE WOKE UP.

After preparing ourselves for the worst yesterday, Mom actually became cognizant and responsive today when Cory's sister was talking to her. She answered questions correctly when asked with a nod or shake of her head, and actually puckered up for a kiss when Sis was leaving. Needless to say, we were absolutely ecstatic when we heard this, and are now cautiously optimistic about a recovery.

It wasn't all good though -- Aunt Rosemary had to go back into surgery today as the infection had caused a spot of necrosis (dead tissue) on her thigh. In all honesty, it's probably for the best; after all the infection is cleared away, she should recover that much faster.

Keep your fingers crossed...

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats great news!
    Fingers crossed as well as toes!
    And anything else I can figure out how to cross!

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that is good news to hear. i really hope things keep on getting better. hope the surgery goes well too and everyone makes out alright. still wishing them a speedy recovery. best of luck. :) *fingers crossed too*

6. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

Sounds like a good turnaround Dee. I wish them both a speedy recovery. Try and have a happy holiday;

This should serve as a reminder to everyone, to not let the petty 'stresses' of the holiday season keep us from realizing and appreciating what is truly valuable; The presence of our loved ones that we still have to share time with. Because life is unpredictable. Because at any time, anything can happen that can change, in an instant, your whole perspective on life.

7. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

That is just the greatest news I have heard!! Yeah! I hope that they both continue in improve with time. I and my family will continue to pray for you and your loved ones.

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

8. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I am glad to hear that things are improving. I too hope that things continue to go well.

9. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Dee,

Glad to hear some good news for a change. Hope eveything works out, and your aunts infection gets better!

Steve

10. Dee

Dee Elite Member

With Sincerest Thanks...

An update for you all...

We are now in Cory's hometown for the Christmas holiday, and visiting his Mom on a daily basis, weather permitting (it's about a half hour drive to the hospital.) We got here the day before Christmas Eve. Well, it seems that when Mom turned the corner, she REALLY turned the corner -- same thing for Aunt Rosemary.

Aunt Rosemary still has remnants of the infection, but it was largely cleared out with her second surgery, and emotionally, she is back to her darling jolly self. She seems to be just biding her time til her incision heals enough to go home.

As for Mom, I'll put it to you this way: She was moving her legs today, showing no signs of pain, and they are talking about possibly reversing the tracheotomy by the end of the week. Plus, when Cory and I were leaving, I gave her a hug, but that wasn't good enough -- she tapped her cheek for a kiss as well! This means not only is she doing well, she seems to have retained all of her memory and cognitive abilities!!!

Guys, we want to thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts for your thoughts and prayers -- there is NO doubt in my mind that it contributed greatly to both of their well-being, as well as ours emotionally. While there will still be a long road ahead in terms of rehabilitation for them both, we are now confident of a good recovery.

You guys are the best. THANK YOU.

11. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

Well thank God that they are doing better. Prayer works! :)

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Dee that is the best news I have heard all day! Heres hoping that everything continues in the same positive direction.

13. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

I am so pleased that your mum and aunt are on the road to recovery. It is good to hear a little festive miracle has taken place within our heerp family! Pass our love and wishes to them both and I hope they are home and fully recovered soon :)

14. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I'm so glad that they are doing better, my family and I have been praying for them to recover. Let us know when they get to go home.

15. angel

angel Elite Member

Dee,
    I am so happy and relieved for you and your family. The holidays are a very special time to focus on family and friends. Even though the accident put a damper on things for a while, I am sure that the recoveries have made the holidays even more precious to each of you. Best wishes to each of you.
    Angel

16. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

You know what Dee? I think that is about the best news that I've heard the entire holiday season.:)

17. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

That's wonderful! :) I'll keep praying that their recovery is rapid and complete.

18. Dee

Dee Elite Member

Very sad day...

With deepest pain in my heart, I regret to inform you all that Cory's mother has passed away.

We are all still in shock; she had been steadily improving with the expectation that she would be moved out of critical care within the week. However, Cory's father received a call this evening (Sunday) to come to the hospital immediately, where our worst fears were confirmed. We will not know for sure until we have the results of an autopsy, but a blood clot is the suspected cause.

Please continue to remember us during this terribly difficult time; your thoughts and prayers have been greatly appreciated throughout this ordeal.

Dee

19. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I'm so sorry Dee.:( I'll keep you all in my prayers.

20. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Oh Dee, that's terrible news...I'm so sorry! :( My thoughts and prayers remain with you and your family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.