This Disappears When Logged In

Prayers needed...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dee, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Elite Member

Hi everybody. It's been a very difficult couple of weeks.

My Mother-in-law and her two sisters were involved in a very serious car accident last Monday, the 5th. The car struck slush on the highway, spun 180 degrees, and was rear-ended by an oncoming car. Mom was in the backseat; the only reason Aunt Rosemary didn't go out the rear window was because her foot caught in the seatbelt.

As you can imagine, the injuries are very serious. Aunt Mona was driving, and escaped with just a broken shoulder. Mom and Aunt Rosemary, however, have both taken a turn for the worse. Mom has a broken pelvis and severe internal bruising, and today it was found that she has fluid on her brain and cannot be taken off the respirator as was expected. Aunt Rosemary suffered a shattered upper femur that required surgery, and also severe internal bruising, and has recently been placed in isolation due to a massive infection. We had initially expected Mom to be awake, and Aunt Rosemary to be home, by Christmas. This most recent turn of events has been almost as devastating as the original accident.

Guys, I know this isn't really the place, but the atmosphere here has always been so supportive that I didn't mind asking. Cory and I are believers in the power of positive thought and energy. I'm asking for any prayers, to whomever you may pray (thanks Merlin, I've never known how to put that before); every little bit will help.

It's going to be a very difficult Christmas.

2. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

i sent ya a PM....keep us posted on their condition.

Love ya,

3. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

My prayers are with you and your family at this time....Lyn

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What a crappy way to go into the holiday, Dee!
    My thoughts and prayers go out to your family!
    Remember that this IS the season of miracles so who knows what can happen!

5. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

So sorry to hear about your circumstances Dee.. Joe and I are thinking of you and your family at this time and hope that things improve significantly soon. Please keep us updated. :(

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

7. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Prayers to the Lord from me as well. Thank you for sharing the concern.

8. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Sorry to hear about your family's health.:( I'll pray to God for healing for your family. Keep us posted on their impovement.

9. Dee

Dee Elite Member

Thanks so much guys, we need all the prayers we can get...

10. Ssativa

Ssativa Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm not religious but it can't hurt to pray. I hope all goes well.

11. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

All of our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless and keep everyone in your family.

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

12. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

You and your family are in my prayers.

13. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Dee,

May God watch over all of your family members, and I will keep this in my thoughts and prayers.

Steve

14. tink

tink Elite Member

I'm sorry this happened, I hope everything turns out okay.

Keep us updated.

15. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

Dee. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

16. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

Our prayers are also with you Dee. Please keep us informed.

17. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

I hope they get well.

18. Dee

Dee Elite Member

You guys are all so amazing... this is why I posted this thread. I can't say that Cory and I are overly religious people, but we have our own beliefs. All your thoughts and prayers will help so much, thanks from the bottom of our hearts. I will keep you all updated whenever there's a change.

God Bless, guys.

19. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

My prayers are with you also! I hope everything turns out ok.

20. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

so sorry to hear the news. i also will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. hope everything turns out for the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.