This Disappears When Logged In

Pothos Confusion?

Discussion in 'Tropical Plants' started by OEW, Feb 7, 2013.

  1. OEW

    OEW Elite Member

    A lot of people recommend using Pothos for a reptile's enclosure and have said that it is safe, however when I've been looking it up, various sources say it is toxic, and I've even seen it on lists of plants that are toxic specifically to reptiles. It's when it's ingested? How high are the chances that a CWD would ingest it? What's the deal with all of this?! I'm confused :confused:
     
  2. cassicat4

    cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

    Pothos is actually recommended as one of those universal "safe" plants for most reptiles. The toxicity occurs from ingestion, but the reptile would need to ingest a LOT for it to do any damage. Essentially, I would avoid using it in any herbivorous reptile enclosures, but you should have no concerns using it with any other reptiles.
     
  3. OEW

    OEW Elite Member

    Thanks, I figured as much but I was just a little confused!
     

Share This Page