This Disappears When Logged In

Post Your Pups!

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by Vers, Jul 24, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Mine I brushed every other day (tried to anyway), specially in the summer and each time I would get a small cat out of it!

2. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

I had a roommate in college whose grandmother knitted her a sweater from her dogs hair. It was creepy!

3. Vers

Vers Elite Member

haha Logan is much better in a dog park--he's a bit of a social weirdo/nervous wreck so he tends to stick by me :D It's at the house that he really needs to be looked after. When he was a year or so old I decided to try and let him roam a bit...I ended up chasing him a 1/4 mile down a major highway with cars flying by at 60mph. Not one car slowed down even after seeing me frantically waving my arms. A year prior to that someone stole Race, my beagle, literally off my front yard--he was a puppy then. The only reason I have him back is because the wife of the guy who took him happened to be allergic. I was so happy to have my pup back that I was totally blinded by the reality of things at first. It wasn't until the ride home that it all clicked and the anger set in. The guy had a 50lb bag of puppy food and his kids had renamed him...this was all within the same day.

4. Wolfbandit

Wolfbandit Elite Member

That's crazy! I'm so glad you have your pup back! I would be so angry! I probably would have turned around and gave him a good lashing!

Steele got out one time and TOOK OFF down the road. I started chasing him, then when I realized it was hopeless, turned around, got in my car and tore out of the driveway. He ran almost a mile in maybe five minutes! The only thing that stopped him was a pond. Thank god he is OBSESSED with water!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha ha. I take my dog out into the yard or to the dog park to brush him. Every time I do, it looks like a dog blew up. Some guy saw the fur on the ground and asked me if he saw the dog that got torn to shreds. I said it was mine, and that was just his hair. You should have seen the look on his face!

5. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

But she is completely worth it! I knew from the beginning how wonderful she would grow up to be, and thankfully you get to experience that. :D

6. gapeachkatie

My dog Kahlua Bear, she is a Lab Irish Wolfhound mix.
    0302121913.jpg
    0918111138a.jpg

Shelby - Border Collie Australian Shep mix, she is my car ride junky.
    0523121821.jpg
    0812101109a.jpg
    0618111040.jpg

Denali - Red Siberian Husky
    1023101731.jpg
    0607102112.jpg

Harley Quinn - Doberman Pincher mix
    0605111110.jpg
    0605111111.jpg

Ruby - my special Coon Hound
    0127111825.jpg

Bailey - hound pitbull mix foster pup
    0531122103.jpg

Clara - pitbull possible boxer mix, foster dog
    clara1.jpg

I have my hands full as you can tell. My little income from making nursery decor and selling antiques primarily pays for the animals and bills. Thankfully, my family and boyfriend help out with other various expenses because they love animals as much as I do. :D

7. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

Katie-Lynn,

Maybe someone else on here will fall for one of your fosters. Both are cute but Bailey is adorable!

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, that's a lot of dogs! They definitely look happy, great photos Katie-Lynn :)

9. gapeachkatie

Penny: Bailey has been adopted, I am just holding her until her new family is back from vacation. She is such a sweet heart, but not as much of a cuddler as Allie.

Michele: They are a happy bunch. Before my niece was born, three lived at my brother's house, but since her birth, all the dogs live under one roof for it was too much for my brother and sister-in-law to handle. Now, Kahlua and Ruby claim their own rooms in the house, while the rest are constant blurs through out the yard and living room all day long.

10. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

I made a vest out of dog shed... For a recycle fashion show...

Something similar happened to the dog I had before my boys. She was a shepherd/lab/chow mix with a beautiful black and gold coat and was ridiculously smart (she taught herself how to open a door with a handle... as in twist, push/pull, then close it... it was strange), and never tried to escape, then one day she disappeared. About a week later she showed up on the porch, her collar was gone, and someone had shaved her. I wasn't happy about the changes, but I was happy she was back. Well about two or three days after that I heard something shaking the chainlink fence and the dog going nuts in the back, and when I went outside some redneck was trying to climb into the yard. I confronted him (we'll be vague on the details) and he said I had stolen his dog... I gave him several choice words--one in particular about shaving a dog with an undercoat in the Oklahoma summer--and pointed out that she "ran away" back to me... Then I had my brother step outside (he's a dainty 6'5", and a construction worker), and suddenly he remembered that it probably wasn't his dog afterall.

11. Wolfbandit

Wolfbandit Elite Member

Gosh, I love those husky built men ;D They're useful in instances like yours. So glad I found me a good looking one.

12. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Good looking puppies everyone.

Here's Dixie. Full blooded American Pitbull Terrier. She's currently the only dog I own but if I get another one it'll be a pitbull. Super dogs.

Attached Files:

13. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

I'm surrounded by them. >.< Grew up with 6 of them in my house.

14. Alyssa8

Alyssa8 Active Member

This is my Yorkie, Cosmo
    IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    I guess you can call him the typical little dog with a big attitude though.

15. Squeezle

Squeezle Member

Tinkerbell:

DSC_1262-1.jpg

DSC_0077a.jpg

DSC_1101.jpg

Thumper:

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Wolfbandit

Wolfbandit Elite Member

Omg, the first picture of Thumper scratching made me laugh so hard! Now I feel like I need to watch Bambi.

17. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

roxy - boston terrier/chihuahua mix
    100_8544.jpg
    2.jpg
    maui- american hairless terrier (aka, hairless rat terrier)
    6.jpg

maui2010.jpg
    100_0875.jpg
    abby- probably rat terrier/chinese crested...not sure though
    DSC06803.jpg
    DSC05297.jpg
    DSC06340.jpg
    100_1092.jpg

Attached Files:

18. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I've never seen a hairless dog! lol cute little bugger :)
    I love the one with the head in the ground, too funny.

19. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

yup yup. roxy has bad allergies, so we got maui for her to have a friend so maybe less allergy problems from dander ,,,,abby is half haired,,,and noticed last night shes missing a top canine tooth,,,,shes the digger, teethless, aka, A-D-D (attention deficite dog)

20. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

These are my two. They are both rescues. This is Chance and Scooter. Chance was a puppy from a litter of full blood labs which were dropped off at the local animal shelter, a Kill shelter!
    Chance is the older dog, and Scooter is the attack puppy!
    The picture was taken shortly after we added Scooter to the household.
    2010_08060036.jpg
    Chance got his name because he was given a "second chance" at life.
    Scooter came from a dog rescue that was set up at a motorcycle event, therefore, Scooter!
    Supposedly Scooter's mother was a springer spaniel but the father was a traveling man!
    Here is a more recent picture of the lazy lugs!
    2012_05130229.jpg
    Chance is the one on the couch thinking he is getting away with something.
    Rule is that they can't get completely up on the couch. The back legs have to stay on the ground. But he is fudging it a bit .

Attached Files: