This Disappears When Logged In

Poor Widow

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by andys3ballpythons, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

just found a big female black widow outside, it is getting really cold so i brought her in, gave her a cricket and waiting for a nice day out to relocate her, she is struggling to stay on her legs and keeps rolling onto her back, hopefully she just needs warmth and survives a couple of days so she can be wild and free again.

2. DimitrisDaisy

DimitrisDaisy Elite Member

Sounds like she might have a parasite or something that's messing with her system. Good luck with keeping her alive until she's better :)

3. andys3ballpythons

andys3ballpythons Elite Member

that is possible, i honestly wonder if she was just simply too cold, only time will tell i guess.

4. DimitrisDaisy

DimitrisDaisy Elite Member

Widows tend to like dark places so maybe she'd be happier if you put her enclosure in a cabinet? :)

5. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Black widow spiders, from what I've read, don't usually live over a year. This might be an older adult female naturally close to death. Not that I have to warn you, but make sure you're careful with her.

6. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

You are braver than I. Honestly I would have left her outside but then again I'm horribly afraid of spiders. The only ones I can tolerate seeing but not squishing are ones in tanks or Daddy Long Legs. *shiver*

7. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

I think Rich needs to be informed there is a SPAMMER on here...about two or three posts back.

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks David!

9. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

No worries! I also sent Rich a PM with the info. ;)

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

They are toast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.